Wildman's holiday sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying the "Specials" link since about 10PM last night and all I get is the old "404 Not Found" error

View attachment 332726

The sale may have been over by 10 pm. There were some serious system issues.

I am waiting for Saturday as last nights selection of product was not really what I was gunning for.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

The sale may have been over by 10 pm. There were some serious system issues.

The sale is NOT over, it's just that the web site is not working right. It did, in spurts, last night.
Few were able to create accounts and log in, myself included.
Alas, my account was not tied to my WM club status, so all my price points were higher than what I used to see on the old site.

Today, I can't access the "Specials" part of the new WM site where all the deals are listed - get 404 error, like others.
From two computers running 3 browser applications each. 1 out of 6 would work last night, all six are getting 404 error this morning.

Last night's start of sale was also the launch of the new web site, with all the problems that go with that.
Problems are not over.
Sale is not over.
Partaking in it is an ongoing challenge.

I imagine those who would be troubleshooting these issues should instead be focusing on turkey dinner prep just about now.
That's just what happens when you re-launch your company's web site right before major holidays.

*hint: never ever try this with your business!*
:point:

I am waiting for Saturday as last nights selection of product was not really what I was gunning for.

I don't remember hearing that the selection will be any different for Saturday, just WM club members would get to partake in/debug the web site first.

I did not find anything major I wanted to order on sale either, so it is what it is.

a

Hi Tim,

You and your wife must be going crazy trying to get your new website up and working properly. It’s nice to see that the forum members in this thread are all being kind. It’s frustrating when a customer tries to use a website and it doesn’t work properly. Some threads discussing other vendors Black Friday sales and computer issues have not been so kind.

When all of the craziness settles down, it would be great if you could provide more motor specifications. Your old website did a great job by providing a box of critical motor information on top of the Newton graph. This was very helpful.

Relax and enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving before Saturday’s craziness.

All the best,
Bob

It is a risk - reward thing. Doing the holiday sale during the new sight launch is a risk, but the immediate exposure it is getting is the reward.

Rest assured there will be more severely cool offerings on the Black Saturday sale...
The items will not simply be the same as the items on the Wednesday pre-sale...
And They'll also have much more time to jive out the new site...

I bet there's going to be some super cool accessories at dynamite prices too,, lol...

Teddy

Rest assured there will be more severely cool offerings on the Black Saturday sale...
The items will not simply be the same as the items on the Wednesday pre-sale...
And They'll also have much more time to jive out the new site...

I bet there's going to be some super cool accessories at dynamite prices too,, lol...

Teddy

Made my list this morning... You know... I grabbed that Mac Arcas at the MWP raffle, and was lucky enough to grab an AeroPack for it as well. But you know what it didn't come with? Haaaanesses. I need some small haanesses. I wonder if anyone I know is going to be selling haanesses this weekend. Hmmmm......

The sale is NOT over, it's just that the web site is not working right. It did, in spurts, last night.
Few were able to create accounts and log in, myself included.
Alas, my account was not tied to my WM club status, so all my price points were higher than what I used to see on the old site.

Today, I can't access the "Specials" part of the new WM site where all the deals are listed - get 404 error, like others.
From two computers running 3 browser applications each. 1 out of 6 would work last night, all six are getting 404 error this morning.

Last night's start of sale was also the launch of the new web site, with all the problems that go with that.
Problems are not over.
Sale is not over.
Partaking in it is an ongoing challenge.

I imagine those who would be troubleshooting these issues should instead be focusing on turkey dinner prep just about now.
That's just what happens when you re-launch your company's web site right before major holidays.

*hint: never ever try this with your business!*
:point:

I don't remember hearing that the selection will be any different for Saturday, just WM club members would get to partake in/debug the web site first.

I did not find anything major I wanted to order on sale either, so it is what it is.

a

The Wednesday sale should indeed be over. It is Thursday now the last time I checked.

The Saturday sale tends to be larger in terms of items.

The Wednesday sale should indeed be over. It is Thursday now the last time I checked.

The Saturday sale tends to be larger in terms of items.

+1 fer sure Mark...
Always is,, it's a pretty easy guess...
And any difficulties Wildman has with the site are really irrelevant to us
as Tim has always done whatever is necessary to make things jive out correctly the way they were supposed to...

Teddy

The email that was sent out notifying us about that sale gave the dates and times.... It was to last a few hours each day. The specials page being offline is your communication that the sale is over.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Oh man I totally forgot that the Wildman discounts LOC stuff during the sales. I'm just glad the LOC 5.5 Patriot wasn't listed because I wouldn't have been able to resist, and I really need to spend my dwindling rocket funds on gear for my current projects!

+1 fer sure Mark...
Always is,, it's a pretty easy guess...
And any difficulties Wildman has with the site are really irrelevant to us
as Tim has always done whatever is necessary to make things jive out correctly the way they were supposed to...

Teddy

Yep, +10,000,000...
Tim has always been very up-front with the fact that the Club sale is sort of a test-run for the Saturday sale, to work out website bugs. He does this because the website (both old and new) always handle a MASSIVE volume from around the world during his Club and Black Saturday sales. So a few kinks aside, everything will go smoothly on Saturday. Any difficulties that prevent someone from getting something they want, a phone call ALWAYS clears it up and solves the problem. Tim, like every major vendor, always works with his customers to make sure they get what they want/need at the best deal possible.

As for the Saturday sales, it's ALWAYS bigger in selection by a LONG shot than the Club sale. I'm SUPER excited and making my list....
So far, I need:
- a 30" chute that packs small (Should I go TFR?) for a Mac Arcas that I'm modifying to HED
- a Nomex for the same kit
- a OBH 3/16" 3-loop 25' HAAness for the same kit
- RocketPoxy
- 38mm motors
- 54mm motors
- 29mm motors
- Some of the new AT 24/60 motors (I can wish, can't I?)
- At least one larger 75mm motor for the Drago 4XL that's been sitting around patiently
- Misc. Hardware... TEDDY! Do you sell welded eyebolts with smaller threads? I want to replace the unwelded ones in the Mac Arcas...

there were a few glitches, sure but in the end Wildman was able to get it done and the prices on the small diameter LOC stuff were too good to pass up

Yep, +10,000,000...
Tim has always been very up-front with the fact that the Club sale is sort of a test-run for the Saturday sale, to work out website bugs. He does this because the website (both old and new) always handle a MASSIVE volume from around the world during his Club and Black Saturday sales. So a few kinks aside, everything will go smoothly on Saturday. Any difficulties that prevent someone from getting something they want, a phone call ALWAYS clears it up and solves the problem. Tim, like every major vendor, always works with his customers to make sure they get what they want/need at the best deal possible.

As for the Saturday sales, it's ALWAYS bigger in selection by a LONG shot than the Club sale. I'm SUPER excited and making my list....
So far, I need:
- a 30" chute that packs small (Should I go TFR?) for a Mac Arcas that I'm modifying to HED
- RocketPoxy
- 38mm motors
- 54mm motors
- 29mm motors
- At least one larger 75mm motor for the Drago 4XL that's been sitting around patiently
- Misc. Hardware... TEDDY! Do you sell welded eyebolts with smaller threads? I want to replace the unwelded ones in the Mac Arcas...

Yes,,, and so does Tim now,, lol...

Teddy

The reasons for the sale page being blank is the Wednesday sale ended at 10 last night .
There is a new sale starting 6 am Saturday ending at noon.
We hope that most of the bugs from Wednesday will be worked out for Saturday morning.
We here at Wildman’s want to thank everyone for there patience and orders last night and we wIll be working hard to make Saturday is much better.
Happy thanksgiving to all.
Jackie and Tim

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Yep, +10,000,000...

So far, I need:
- RocketPoxy
- 38mm motors
- 54mm motors
- 29mm motors

CZ for sure you should go with a TFR TM 30" chute. Plus the TFR chute protector will fold up small and tight.

see ya

Well there were some nice points about the new website .. Showed a tracker on sale and could click and see the item picture..on the old website it would have been no graphics.

Also beyond the sale i use the WM club pricing all year long .. Non haz motors & hobbyline .. one stop shopping on GREAT accessories, recon chutes , nomex, kevlar, swivels, and stainless forged eyebolts.

Kenny

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Do you have any communication from WM to that effect?
Or is that just a guess ?

a

It is experience talking. I have been around the hobby for a while, which I am guessing you have not. This is how the Wednesday and Black Saturday events have gone every year.

Are products still being added to the new website? It looks like there are some things from the old site that are missing on the new site.

Tim and Jackie, Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks again for the great deals and service you offer us! I hope you are getting a chance to relax today and enjoy the holiday for all its meant to be!

With Saturday approaching, if there are any pointers you can give those of us who are current WM Club members but apparently not registered as such in the new system, let us know. Just looking to help make your life easier so you don't have to keep backtracking to adjust pricing after we've placed an order. Not sure if you want those of us to reach out to you or if you have it hand from your end. :)

The new website looks great! I know the kinks which can go with rolling out a new site, but I know in the long run this site will definitely make things easier for you.

Thanks again!

If you got Nadine's Rockets of High Power calendar for 2018, there is a Wildman token for 6 months free Club Membership!!
Sorry, but I won't share the code, cos that would detract from both Nadine and Tim's offer, but if you got the calendar.... go look.

Hi Tim,

Happy Thanksgiving, and my apologies for bothering you on your day off between the sales. Since it looks like the new website (which looks great) charges upon submitting the order instead of the old way of being charged manually by you guys after discounts applied, etc, should the website be reflecting lower club prices for those of us who have an active club membership? It looks like the prices are the normal prices and that orders would charge our cards for the non-club amount for orders placed right now. I know you've mentioned the new site is a work in progress and not finalized and perfect yet, but I wanted to see if I was missing something. Thanks!

-Joe

Do you have any communication from WM to that effect?
Or is that just a guess ?

wish-me-luck-because-apparently-this-is-my-first-rodeo.jpg

I usually do my motor shopping for the year, except for a few impulse buys at launches, during the sale and I'm again sad to see out of stock sold out on most 75 CTI offerings. Hoping there will be some because the AT offerings are slim and not that interesting as well as the current pricing seems to be starting well above other vendors at their normal prices. would like to do another $1000+ one stop shop but it's not looking too good especially with web site issues to boot.

I don’t know what you guys are talking about with the price aero tech did a price increase about a month ago and the prices just went into place . If the other dealers didn’t do it yet they will soon.
The hobbyline prices are the same for Wildman club members I did stop the deep discounts for none club members at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back