Wildman's holiday sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you.

No thanks to those who mentioned the L850 I had one in the cart and removed it. Now it'son my second order along with 2 chutes.

Hah, your wallet will curse us now but your eyes and ears will thank us on launch day!

Say, is there a set time when this sale ends? Sorry if I missed it, everyone was so focused on the start.

Ok, ok, ok...
I'm sold on the L850. I had just decided on the L1410 when it went and sold out. Then I was set on the AT L1250DM. Then I saw all the comments confirming my suspicion that the L850W would be an awesome flight. Then I talked to my wife who wants a rocket again. So... back to the drawing board.
Gotta pick out a kit... Then get a harness, chute, nomex, altimeter. Oh man, she'll be happy, but that cuts into my motor budget.
I suppose there's worse problems. LOL

Out of curiosity, are all of these in stock? Or is this the typical preorder sale?

Out of curiosity, are all of these in stock? Or is this the typical preorder sale?

Everything is a pre-order sale except for CTI motors. So I'll have to wait on these. Past experience says that I'll have the motors by February at the latest.

Oh, and everyone should go in and place a second order just to see the cart in action :).

From the Ether...

I see I’m not the only one. Two on Wednesday and three this morning.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

It's part of our strategy, pick up the hot items quick and check out before anyone else can steal them from your cart, then come back and get all the goodies that are always in stock. We made three orders on Wednesday and two this morning.

Hey Joe, still time to pick up that K850 DM, we could have a three way drag race at Airfest next year. Or maybe a two way race with the Ultimates on the N2220 DM! 35% off on all Dark matter loads til noon.... Come on man, you know you wanna!

I bought 11 reloads (couple H's and some K's), a bunch of epoxy and a second punisher to make the one I have in the box in my basement a 2 stager, seems like a good return to rocketry for me.

I think I need to fly and recover an M before I start thinking N2220 on the Ultimates, but it is enticing. But I’m committing to repairing my darkstar so we can drag race on K850s.

Joe

I’d do one more order just so I could beat you at something, but Cyndee informed me that I’m done.

Ok, ok, ok...
I'm sold on the L850. I had just decided on the L1410 when it went and sold out. Then I was set on the AT L1250DM. Then I saw all the comments confirming my suspicion that the L850W would be an awesome flight. Then I talked to my wife who wants a rocket again. So... back to the drawing board.
Gotta pick out a kit... Then get a harness, chute, nomex, altimeter. Oh man, she'll be happy, but that cuts into my motor budget.
I suppose there's worse problems. LOL

Thank your lucky stars for that. I don't regret Sharon's decision to get her L3.
The L1250 is a great motor, I have flown a couple, and the L1040 DM and the L900 DM, but my first flight on the K850 was awesome! Drag race at ROCstock:

p2jII0t.jpg

Picture credits go to Dr. David Reese, Wildman West. He put on the race, five K850's staged in pairs with Davids last for safety concerns. Cris E. (Eggtimer) beat me off the pad, mine on the left.

I think I need to fly and recover an M before I start thinking N2220 on the Ultimates, but it is enticing. But I’m committing to repairing my darkstar so we can drag race on K850s.

Joe

Great news Joe! My favorite rocket of all time is the 3" Darkstar.

Hah, your wallet will curse us now but your eyes and ears will thank us on launch day!

Say, is there a set time when this sale ends? Sorry if I missed it, everyone was so focused on the start.

Still under budget I think. It will be a Pre Christsmas surprise when I get the updated charges. Which will make me sad that I didn't add another L1250 DM.

I just decided to throw in one more motor at the last minute, and I noticed the order number difference over the last 6 hours: 267 orders between my first order at 6:14, and my order at 11:58.

Tim and Jackie, good luck, I don't envy you a bit.

The Cesaroni motors didn't show as being discounted when I placed the order. I assume the 20% will be reduced when the card is charged?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

The Cesaroni motors didn't show as being discounted when I placed the order. I assume the 20% will be reduced when the card is charged?

Two things...
1) The new website charges cards right away
2) Any incorrect charges will be refunded ASAP

Two things...
1) The new website charges cards right away
2) Any incorrect charges will be refunded ASAP

So if I paid $240, your telling me it charged that amount and will refund me $48 in the future. Also, when will they email me about proof of certification?

In my case from Wednesday night, there were items charged at regular rate.
The next morning, I got a refund sent to my card for the difference.
Super service with Wildman Rocketry.

I made an order Wednesday and this morning. Billed at regular price. Still waiting for adjustment. Coyldnt get through by phone, when Tim said to call this morning.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I made an order Wednesday and this morning. Billed at regular price. Still waiting for adjustment. Coyldnt get through by phone, when Tim said to call this morning.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I say try again in a few hours. It was like calling a radio station for sweepstakes this morning.

12:00pm Central Time

Zikes! I had no idea there was a time limit. I was hemming and hawing all morning on pulling the trigger on the Darkstar Jr. (Can't really afford it). I finally got tired of driving myself crazy and hit the Enter key. When I saw your post I had to check. Order placed at 11:54am. Just under the wire....
The Darkstar will be my first fiberglass kit. Looking forward to learning a whole new set of building techniques.:cheers:

Thx Tim & Jackie for all the hard work you guys put into this sale.

I love both of my Interceptors. The Ultimate is out of my price range for now tho...

Adrian- I’ll let you check out mine. I guess I know what my L3 will consist of Ultimate Interceptor on an M2500 with some of Teddy’ awesome harnesses.

The Darkstar will be my first fiberglass kit. Looking forward to learning a whole new set of building techniques.:cheers:.

Which darkstar did you get? If you fly with NIRA, you're fairly local to Wildman.. have you ever flown at QCRS or at one of the Bong launches?

Which darkstar did you get? If you fly with NIRA, you're fairly local to Wildman.. have you ever flown at QCRS or at one of the Bong launches?

I bought the Jr. version. First time at QCRS was at Midwest Power 15. I met Jackie and had a nice chat. Tim was busy working the Wildman trailer. The QCRS field is 2+ hours South West of me (w/ avg. highway speed of 75mph). But, I do plan on visiting QCRS at least 2 times next summer.

Edit: I've never been to a Bong launch.

Back