• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4.5" Components (Performance Rocketry/Madcow/Proline/Rocketry Warehouse)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
WANTED: Performance Rocketry/Madcow/Proline/Rocketry Warehouse 4.5" pure filament wound couplers, airframe, centering rings, etc...

I have a 4.5" two stage in the design phase and need more components...

Thank you,

I believe I may be able to help. Remind me, thin wall or "thick"?

We'll talk!:)

Let's see? Could it be?

IMG_20171113_153044.jpg

I happen to have a whole box of those parts... :cyclops: And I just placed a couple of orders with Madcow and CST Sales to implement the custom tailcone. Now trying to figure out how/if I can do some lathe work on the nosecone to match the true secant of the original. Already have the fins planned out as a major process improvement over this guy: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?61860-Honest-John-fin-profiling-(AFTER-THE-FACT).

BTW, if it is not an ARCAS, then nevermind...

[YOUTUBE]OjYoNL4g5Vg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Let's see? Could it be?

View attachment 332044

I happen to have a whole box of those parts... :cyclops: And I just placed a couple of orders with Madcow and CST Sales to implement the custom tailcone. Now trying to figure out how/if I can do some lathe work on the nosecone to match the true secant of the original. Already have the fins planned out as a major process improvement over this guy: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?61860-Honest-John-fin-profiling-(AFTER-THE-FACT).

BTW, if it is not an ARCAS, then nevermind...

[YOUTUBE]OjYoNL4g5Vg[/YOUTUBE]

Not to derail the thread, but you may be best off starting with a larger ogive nose and trimming it down to the 4.5" OD. I did this very thing with a 4" plastic cone to match my 3.725" OD tubing and it yielded a secant ogive.

Not to derail the thread, but you may be best off starting with a larger ogive nose and trimming it down to the 4.5" OD. I did this very thing with a 4" plastic cone to match my 3.725" OD tubing and it yielded a secant ogive.
Yes, we should take offline, but it was going to be a combo of build up with SuperFil and then turning down in select spots.

From the Ether...

I believe I may be able to help. Remind me, thin wall or "thick"?

Thick (standard) thickness preferred please, thank you sir!

Picked up a 4.5" Arcas with a 75mm hole last weekend, intend to make it a sustainer to a two stage project. No, not a Sparrow Arcas (even though that would be wicked!). I plan to make a booster with (4) Nike style fins, 75mm hole, and that will boost a shortened Arcas on top. :)

Back