URRG Black Friday Launch November 24, 25 th Launch. Potter NY 18 K

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Team. Its that time of the year again. Last launch of the season no crops and 18K. Its the one launch of the year that's a Friday and Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

I am working on a scratch build, 5 fin rocket, 5ft tall and a 38mm motor. It's going to be called "my URRF 5 rocket. Test flight will be on Black Friday launch.

Ooohhh mannnn...
I can't go that weekend...
WWwaaahhhhhh...lol...

You guy's have a wonderful time,,
be very safe,,
and get a couple of flights in for me,, lol...

Teddy

Why not, you going to be at GRITS?

No,, where's GRITS ?? Doesn't ring a bell...

I have a houseful of company coming over that weekend...
That's ok though,,,
lots of laughter with family and friends...

Come over Tim,,,
It's only a thousand miles or so,, lol...

Teddy

No,, where's GRITS ?? Doesn't ring a bell...

I have a houseful of company coming over that weekend...
That's ok though,,,
lots of laughter with family and friends...

Come over Tim,,,
It's only a thousand miles or so,, lol...

Teddy

Grits is in/near Tifton, Georgia. SOAR sponsors it. 2 day event. 18k ceiling.

Yea and maybe give you my money instead of always handing it over to Chris [emoji2]

We have different stuff,,,
You can split it,, lol..
But you still have to come over for Thanksgiving,, lol..

Teddy

Hi Guys,

I hope you all have fun. Too bad I can’t make it. Black Friday is our family’s traditional day for cutting down a live Christmas tree. Stay warm and have fun.

I will see you all next year,
Bob

Going to have to miss this one. We have our Black Friday sale that weekend. it's an awesome time to fly. not a single crop left on the fields. kind of looks like the surface of the moon.

My better half got me a room at Best Western some time ago. She just sprung it on me. Dang I thought I was testing the cold weather gear. Well I guess I have to focus on getting something up. Time to pack a motor.

Mike and Ted any clues on what's cooking for the Blk Fri sale

Last edited:
I'll be there both days, unless the weather plays tricks on us. I'm hoping to make up for a lack of launches earlier in the season and get at least a couple decent flights up...

I am waffling back and forth on this one. A part of me thinks it'll be frigid and windy if I'm available, the other part suggests it'll be in the 50's and dead calm if I am busy.

I suppose I should mix something just incase. A 76mm with 15.5" of propellant sounds good, not sure of formula yet.

My better half got me a room at Best Western some time ago. She just sprung it on me. Dang I thought I was testing the cold weather gear. Well I guess I have to focus on getting something up. Time to pack a motor.

Mike and Ted any clues on what's cooking for the Blk Fri sale

Sorry Larry, your going to have to wait till the weekend.........it will be worth the wait!

Oh Ya Mike Its all good. On another note I think Dan should put syrup on those waffles eat them and come out with that 75mm.
We have had certs at every launch this year I wonder who's going to cert so we can keep our record going. Lets hear from a cert victim Ill bring my paperwork and crayons.

Some of you may recall I brought my Saturn IB in September but had some assembly issues so it couldn't fly. I'm planning on trying again this weekend. See you then!

Hi Dave. I remember that puppy it was rather large in size. I really liked it, it almost made it to the pad. Ill be there Friday and Saturday and any help or items needed I ll help you with. I can think of some other upcoming launches id love to see that fly at. Oh ya cant wait. if you need me to bring anything out you might need drop me a pm. See you soon.

Hi Dave. I remember that puppy it was rather large in size. I really liked it, it almost made it to the pad. Ill be there Friday and Saturday and any help or items needed I ll help you with. I can think of some other upcoming launches id love to see that fly at. Oh ya cant wait. if you need me to bring anything out you might need drop me a pm. See you soon.

I might need some extra muscles hauling it to the pad :)

What are you guys expecting for Saturday, especially in terms of weather? Forecast calls for rain but it might not be too bad.

I have plans Friday. It would be a bit of a haul for a single day launch, but also nice to get something up before the weather sets in.

Awwwww mannnnnn,,
You guy's r makin me jealous...
It's always such a great time at a URRG launch...
I wanna goooooo..
I can't,, I have the fam thing goin on at my house..
That's good though,, all good..

Teddy

Current weather for nearby Penn Yan looks like this:
38532854192_eba55d6055_b.jpg

Hey Guys

One request... can we please make it a Saturday/Sunday launch next year? Friday is a normal work day for us Canuckistanians, and 4+ hour drive there, 4+ hour back for just one launch day makes it tough - especially if that one day is scrubbed due to weather.

Good god Larry you're killing me here. A) you wanna test cold weather gear, come camp with me in January or feb. November isn't cold sally. ;)

b) Focus...on...getting.... something...up.... dear god that poor Best Western....

Sadly this year is closed for me.... it was an Odd year for me.... I didn't fly a single commercial motor, or my Optima. Blew one rocket straight to hell. But. My L3 is ready to roll, and my mixing capabilities are slowly growing and I should be fully setup by spring.

See y'all in 2018

Back