Distressed Big Bertha Experiment.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overeasy123

Reaction score
I tried to paint a Big Bertha like a Mark II. It left me upset, so I sanded down most of the black paint and sprayed some white. All the while, imagining that I was charged with distressing the crotch of Dwight Yoakam's Jeans, this is the result. What would happen, if, at this point, I drew parallel lines along the BT with my Elmer's Black Acrylic Paint Pen? Suggesting corrugations along the tube, I could break and stipple the lines to add interest. The sanded colors would serve as an interesting backdrop to the verticals. A glosscoat would pull everything together.

DSC_0061.jpgDSC_0060 (1).jpgDSC_0061 (1).jpgDSC_0062.jpgDSC_0063.jpgDSC_0064 (1).jpgDSC_0065.jpgDSC_0066.jpgDSC_0060.jpg

Drawing vertical lines is really easy along the beefy part of the Body Tube. Between the fins, I guess I'll have to be sketchy.

DSC_0067.jpgDSC_0063 (1).jpgDSC_0065 (1).jpgDSC_0064.jpg

You can fly her however you like it, you can fly the Bertha in dis-tress or you can fly Bertha in dat-dress.
(Best said in a Der Red Max voice)

Back