15 years!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
My wife and I got married on this date in 2002. We are celebrating tonight with a dinner at a nice restaurant without the kids.

A lot of things have changed in those fifteen years.
  • We had two kids.
  • My grandmother died.
  • Both my wife's grandmothers died.
  • My father died.
  • My best friend/best man died.
  • We moved to a new church.
  • I changed jobs twice.
  • My wife got her master's.
  • My wife quit her job to be a full time mom.
  • We moved to a new house.

And yet it doesn't seem that long ago....

Rookie

Call us back when you hit 30! We will teach you the secret handshake.

Seriously John, congrats! I love hearing about enduring marriages.

And not a single rocketry thing on your list...

Good point!
  • Launched my first Estes RTF.
  • Got addicted.
  • Got L1, L2, L3.
  • Launched every impulse motor from 1/4A to N.
  • Joined NAR, TRA, MDRA.
  • Bought my kids their first RTF rockets.
  • Went to LDRS, Red Glare and URRF.

Congratulations! My wife and I recently passed the 10-year mark.

Over the last 10 years we've live in 8 different places in 2 countries, had 2 kids, 5 different jobs between the two of us... the list goes on. Life really changes once you get married.

30 years, no kids ( people are jealous ) 3 houses ( 1 beach house ) sold, pain in the butt. Two dogs, gone. Still have my first new car I bought, 86 mustang GT. 1 hot rod. Maybe 3 arguments with wife but not really arguments just did stupid things and got the silent treatment for a day. Best thing to do is make each other laugh, secret to a good marriage. Oh, how does that handshake look like?

Wayco and I passed 34 years last June, we met skydiving. No kids (made darn sure of that); 4 cats (gone); 1 home move, started a business, retired Wayne, 5 vehicles, 3 trailers and over 50 rockets with more in the build pile.

No secret - we just happen to like each other!

At TCC October Skies 2017 launch with new friends (photo credit: Nathan)

sunset%20picture.jpg

Congratulations! We had our fifteenth anniversary last July as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Wow,, that's really great John,, good for you both..
Sandy and I have our 6th coming up in April but we've been together almost 25 years...
I definitely agree about the laughter getting you through the tough times...
Cobra you sound like you've got it made, lol,, good for you man..
I can't say we never argue, but we always work through whatever is troubling us..

A great big congrats John...

Teddy

Congrats!

5 years, 5 kids, 4 motorcycles, 5 cars, a boat, a house, two cats, a pile of rockets, a few sewing machines, too many work shift changes to count, four kids into school, three into dance, one in scouts, cub master, committee chair, asst scoutmaster, a ton of hikes with family, camp outs, trips to the beach, and very very very little sleep.

Congratulations John and all of you who do what it takes to make your marriage work! I agree that the secret is the ability to laugh about things. Andi and I celebrated our 38th anniversary last July. As of this year neither of us have a parent alive, but we have a beautiful granddaughter, very good kids, and most importantly, each other.

Steve Shannon

Married 33 years. More cats than I am allowed to say if I want to post that I have been married for 34 years next year. New house last year. Both retired. We have visited 6 continents, 4 of them together (Asia and South America separately for work).

Thanks to all, and my hat's off to those of you in for the long haul. Great stories. Keep them coming!

Back