Tour of my rocketry shop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan

Reaction score
Here is my rocketry shop. I also use the room for music and some woodworking.

After the leaves fall off the trees there is a view out the back window overlooking a half mile of the Rappahanock River.

[video=youtube;akIT0XTWt1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIT0XTWt1U[/video]

Wait. I didn't see any dust, glue stains, or soldering iron burn marks anywhere.....
A Korg X2 without Ableton Live or Protools up on the computer screen....
I even saw a wall plug or two with nothing plugged into them....
No mini fridge!!!!

That Sir, is Impossible!!!!!!!!

This once again confirms my theory that Mr Nathan is no mere mortal... no... he is a gift from the rocket gods sent to embarrass the rest of us mortal rocketeers.

And that's not a workshop. That is a museum. ;)

Apart from the obvious comment about it being almost disturbingly clean, and my general thumbs-up regarding your keyboard setup, my main thought was that the rocket airframe to the left of the TV would make a great cylindrical subwoofer enclosure. I have one of the older SVS Sonotube-based subs (it is awesome), hadn't occurred to me to dress it up in rocket garb. :)

Until I saw that Frenzy upscale next to your TV, I had *NO IDEA* it was that big...

Holy... mother.. of...

Wow...

I see no area where you would have built a rocket the size of Frenzy? So where is the large work bench work area. Where did the sanding take place? Not in the house.

Alright Nathan,,
Now that was just totally uncalled for..
Now you're just takin shots at all of us..
How the heck is your shop that neat and clean ??
You should really get some help with this,, it won't be painful at all..
It starts with you in a circle of people and you say--
Hello,, my name is Nathan and I have a problem...

Cheap shot man,, lol..

Teddy

Alright Nathan,,

Cheap shot man,, lol..

Teddy

:lol:

Thanks,

. . . A Korg X2 without Ableton Live or Protools up on the computer screen . . .

No Protools but I do have Cakewalk Sonar on the computer. I usually just use the old Korg K2 as a Midi controller and play it through either the Roland Gaia synth or Sonar on the computer. But the 20 year old X2 does have some surprisingly good piano programs.

I see no area where you would have built a rocket the size of Frenzy? So where is the large work bench work area. Where did the sanding take place? Not in the house.

I built it in that room. The airframe sections are each 5 feet long, not too unmanageable. All the sanding was done at my rocketry desk with the rocket parts in my lap. Yes sanding makes a big mess, when I'm doing dry sanding I have to do a lot of vacuuming and dusting of the rocket room. The biggest mess was from cutting the fin slots in the tube. All the painting is done in the garage.

Alright Nathan,,

Cheap shot man,, lol..

Teddy

Ha, thanks Teddy, I never claimed to be sane. I think the way I build and paint rockets is 50% skill and 50% obsessive-compulsive insanity. What normal person would spend weeks sanding a 14 ft rocket with little pieces of 2000 grit sandpaper, knowing that it's probably going to get dragged across Higgs Farm the first time I fly it?

My hero. Musician, lover of automotive quality finishes on model rockets, lives in a beautiful house, drives fantastic cars. :bravo:

Back