Begining BAR phase 3, with the Super Alpha off of my phase 2 build pile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMG22

Reaction score
And with my life and work plans, this phase will probably be slow but last a long long time...

I remember when the Super Alpha was re-released in.....2011? I never got around to building it after my job changed and I moved half way across the US. And in my rediscovering this hobby (AGAIN!) while researching how I could attach one of my GoPros to a rocket, I started digging through my build pile.

I remember reading on this forum and elsewhere when this kit came out about how it had the wrong nosecone in the package. Mine is no exception. Instructions talk about a balsa cone, and the inserted cone is a PNC-60AH. I'll probably build mine with the wrong cone, just because I can. I may want to clone one in the future, and I THINK I have a more correct cone in my parts bucket.

For those of you who had to build this to expand your Alpha family, tell me about it. Did yours come with the wrong cone? Did yours come with the right cone? Or did you substitute another cone, and if so which?

lol, mine came with a rock disguised as balsa, the 'balsa' nose weighed in at 39g. reasonably sure that erockets carries the bnc-60k nosecone which is fairly close to matching the profile of an alpha nose. welcome back.
Rex

lol, mine came with a rock disguised as balsa, the 'balsa' nose weighed in at 39g. reasonably sure that erockets carries the bnc-60k nosecone which is fairly close to matching the profile of an alpha nose. welcome back.
Rex

You know, I MIGHT have the PNC version of that cone. I remember once many moons ago getting a PNC-60 set, and apart from the two standard Big Bertha cones, were a couple others, and I think they were both 60K's. I just dug through that box the other night, and it being in the back side of my office (read: basement) I'll have to look again while backing up hard drives tomorrow.

Back