Wildman Punisher 4x4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, at this year's MWP banquet, I won a Wildman Punisher 4.
Griffin has declared kits won at the banquet must be built by the next banquet... He knows me too well :facepalm:
So, after brief stop at Wildman's for some accessories, I have a pic of the rocket w/o fins. I you zoom on the pic, you can maybe see where my Punisher differs from all the others... Yes, I added a payload bay. That's not it. :wink:

IMG_0636.JPG

Last edited:
you can maybe see where my Punisher differs from all the others

It looks at least partially built (nose cone on body tube). This is clearly different from most of your other rockets, which are still in pieces/in bags.

4 invisible fins & invisible NC tip...either that or the cat ate them.

Yup,
Decided to go with 4 fins... Tim shook his head and fired up the tube slotter. Nose cone tip is somewhere with the bag of fins. Unloaded from MWP in a hurry, so stuff just got in the house, not where it's supposed to go. I left it in the corner with the others to remind me to start sanding...

This is clearly different from most of your other rockets, which are still in pieces/in bags.

Actually, Dr Reese needed the box my Punisher came in, so the box is on it's way to sunny California. I have to build it soon, or I'll loose the parts in the jungle downstairs...

Adrian, I call foul. The fin thing is a diversion...

I consider myself a slow builder, but these FG kits are child's play. Suffering from MWP withdrawal due to lack of flights I got to my corporate apartment and in two evenings build this:

IMG_20171107_211740.jpg

Adrian, I call foul. The fin thing is a diversion...

I consider myself a slow builder, but these FG kits are child's play. Suffering from MWP withdrawal due to lack of flights I got to my corporate apartment and in two evenings build this:

View attachment 331726

Well, you have a similar life like me (living in two different locations), but you don't have kids to feed before you can start to build... Or a GF (that we know of... :wink: ) at the other house that doesn't allow epoxy in HER house... And broken fences at her stable that need to be repaired (a LOT...). I know, excuses, excuses...

Well, you have a similar life like me (living in two different locations), but you don't have kids to feed before you can start to build... Or a GF (that we know of... :wink: ) at the other house that doesn't allow epoxy in HER house... And broken fences at her stable that need to be repaired (a LOT...). I know, excuses, excuses...
Hey, I'm not a slacker (just have a limp that's a bit annoying)... In fact, I have a kid and 5-yr old g'son living in my house right now and just bought a house for him and am presently in the process of remodeling the whole thing so they can move in (and I'm still building rockets ☺️).

From the Ether...

Well, progress has been made. I know, pics or it didn't happen. So far just boring stuff like washing and sanding has been done. When the glue hits the glass, I'll start posting a pic or two. That is all for now.

A little pic to show actual progress.
The Kevlar bridle has been glued to the motor mount, and the bottom centering ring tacked on with CA.
I talked with Crazy Jim about how to glue both sides of the bridle on at the same time. His response: Electrical tape. Covered the still curing glue with tape and proceeded to do the other side. There was a little learning curve on how to apply the tape the best way, which accounts for the funky patterns in my finished product...

Punisher4 mmt.jpg

Last edited:
Uh, no...
Well, luckily for me, you didn't define which Saturday, so yes, yes it will be ready by Saturday (month and year TBD...) :dark: :eyeroll:

You know, now as a board member of QCRS, you need to set an example for the rest of us. No more excuses!

So... No pictures because I'm at the wrong home, but all four fins are in. Next up: Injection of internal fillets. Then the 75mm flange Aero Pack. I've sorta been thinking about paint schemes for this, the last 4X4 truck I had (that I liked...) was... Red... Hmm, not much of a stretch there. The actual last truck I had was plain 'ol dark blue (not very sky friendly...). SO... Hmm; I seem to be in a creative rut. Back when I built scale models, I had a pattern. Apparently my mind only works in black and white... :eyeroll:

So all internal and external fillets are done. Yay! Rail buttons are next. Then to drill shear pin holes and bulkead holes. I'll have to check my stock of threaded rod... I think I have some left.
So... To pictures! Apparently one of us is dog tired from this build...

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

Arrgh.. Forgot about the stupid Iphone rotation... Boy that chaps my shiny white hiny...
I'll try again...
Pun4X4a.jpg

Pun4X4b.jpg

There. That's better.

Great job Adrian. Did JF bevel the fins for you? Are you planning on painting it?

Thanks Gary.
The bevel on these fins is as they come straight from the Wildman.
As far as paint goes... Well, I love the look of the clear coated red glass, but how many can one have before it's too many. I already have two, so I think this will get paint. Color schemes; well, I've no idea. I'm kinda in a painter's block... Thus the reason my L3 rocket hasn't been painted yet. I've had several 4X4 trucks over the years, but they were all plain old red (well, Candy Apple Red, and Maroon), so those don't help much. I'm trying to think of colors I haven't used, but won't blend in to the farm fields or the green of Bong. Yellow is out, because that's the base coat for the L3 rocket. Orange has been done on my Interceptor 98, and purple/pink is gonna be used on my 5" 98mm Jart. Maybe white w/ some accents of an unknown color. Anyone wanna make suggestions?

Arrgh.. Forgot about the stupid Iphone rotation... Boy that chaps my shiny white hiny...
I'll try again...
View attachment 337323

View attachment 337324

There. That's better.

Looking good, Adrian!!!!

I was wondering why you were hanging that poor dog upside-down on the wall!?!??!:)

COLORS: Bright orange with blue accents....or black accents if you won't fly it until MWP:wink:. White...with red accents. Silver! Love silver as a color; though I'm awful with the color! The creative color scheme will come to you in time....

Last edited:
I had a similar thought, pretty talented dog, able to sleep with his feet up against the wall....
Don't worry about the paint, you can have as many cherry red rockets as you want. Or black rockets for that matter....

you can have as many cherry red rockets as you want. Or black rockets for that matter....

Join the movement farm boy....come to the city where:

"RED & BLACK rockets lives matter" :lol::lol: :facepalm: :eyeroll:

Ya that was almost as bad as some of yours...........Adrian

Last edited:
So the altimeters are mounted to the sled. The orange one goes into the Punisher. The wood sled is for the Chaos. Pics to be cross posted, cause I'm too lazy to take separate pics...
Punisher will use a Stratologer SL100 and a Missile Works RRC2+ as a back up. Recovery by OBH and Wildman Recon. 50" for the main, because that's he biggest I can pack into a 4" tube...
And now the BIG QUESTION... Paint or clear w/Stickershock???
Hmm. Must make a choice... Well, the Stickershock will happen any way, but the question stands. Cleared red w/ black fins/nose, or paint over that tube. Since I already have one done that way, I guess paint it is, but as to color schemes... Must think... :confused2: :confused2:

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

So, this is getting nearer done... Paint is on! Rusto 2X orange and Rusto Universal Metallic dark steel. Stickershock ordered and sent. Decals will be forest green, for something different. First flight at Airfest (AT L900DM if I can get the motor reassembled correctly...).

Attachments

• Punisher 4X4.jpg
    Punisher 4X4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 205
Back