How to wire a MissileWorks Screw Switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomSmith58

Reaction score
Folks
I am trying to wire up my Quark to the power source. The Quark instructions admonishes me to make sure if my polarity. I have my components mounted to my sled and I have two wires left to solder. My question is do I have the two thin wires that go from the Quark to the switch arranged correctly in the photograph so that red on the Quark goes to red on the connector attached to the switch goes to red on the battery?ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1510105512.356713.jpg

Cris Erving assures me I’ll fry the Quark if I get it wrong.

Thanks
Tom

The screws with should only be inline with one of the wires to the battery. I’d suggest the Red / Positive / + wire. Based on your picture, remove the black wire from the switch and connect it to B - on the Quark. Leave your red jumper between switch and Quark, and move to Red wire from the screw and insert it where you currently have the black jumper. I believe the 2 side screws (not the middle one) can be used for mounting only.

Think of me t that s way.... when you screw in the middle screw, the circuit will be completed between the Red + wire on the Quark and the positive side of the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

/\/\/\ That's how I do it except I wire the two positive wires to the screw terminals instead of firing up the solder gun.

Yes
That looks right
Iirc the mounting screws can be used for connectors as well. Seems like you can see the traces on the PCB, but I could've imagined it.

Yes
That looks right
Iirc the mounting screws can be used for connectors as well. Seems like you can see the traces on the PCB, but I could've imagined it.

Yeah
I see the traces in the PCB. It makes sense from what I see that when the screw is screwed in it connects either the two mounting screw terminals or the two solder terminals.
Tom

Back