• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a replacement ring for a Giant Leap 75mm Classic SlimLine motor retainer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveThatcher

SMT Designs
Reaction score
I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had one available. GLR doesn't even sell a classic motor retainer bigger than 54mm anymore. I have a Slimline tail cone that is mounted on a 4" airframe and retains a 75mm motor. It is my L3 rocket that I built a number of years ago. I am finally going to do my L3 cert flight in 2018 and I can't find the spacer ring. I have the retainer clip and got spares on that from GLR just a few months ago, but they didn't have any of the spacers.

Let me know if you have one that you would be willing to part with. Hopefully not too expensive... :)

Thanks!

Steve Thatcher
TRA $1424 NAR #54230

I cut a slice off an airframe section [motor mount] to make one. Careful cutting required 'cause it's so thin, but patience and it easily doable.

Hi Jim, Thanks for the idea. I can certainly make something, but that all takes time and I was actually trying to save some... :)

best regards, Steve

Thanks "Big Bucks", I already had taken a look at McMasters. I already have the retaining ring. I need a 80mm OD 72m ID 1.3mm thick washer preferably in steel. McMasters has nothing I can use without having to modify it and as I said, I am trying to save time...

best regards, Steve

Thanks "Big Bucks", I already had taken a look at McMasters. I already have the retaining ring. I need a 80mm OD 72m ID 1.3mm thick washer preferably in steel. McMasters has nothing I can use without having to modify it and as I said, I am trying to save time...

best regards, Steve
Nothing close enough here? https://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-shims/=1a67x4f

From the Ether...

Back