Question about forum rules.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The difference here, is that for the most part, we're discussing beliefs (or lack thereof) in an abstract manner. The issue comes out when any topics arise that involve "my beliefs tell me I should act in a certain way towards others". As I think everyone can agree, the issue is when "the other side" uses their opinion as a way to cause things like public policy changes that affect all people.

With all that being said, I would like to state that I know that Chicago style deep dish is the best kind of pizza out there. With sausage and mushrooms.
Depending on the type of mushrooms you use, it could be religious.

and then there is the PORK sausage....

:flyingpig:

Wow,,
What an unbelievably intriguing thread...
And completely by accident,, lol..
I certainly hope you don't mind my saying so but
Charles McGonegal, you are quite an impressive man...

I'm truly sorry I have to do this but,,
I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York..
You know,, where the best pizza in the world is made..
Everyone knows that,, lol...

Teddy

hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaahaha

man,, there's something wrong with you guy's....lol...

Teddy

On Food Detective, they actually had pizza chefs from NYC, LA, and Chi each make a pizza in the style of their city, each using ingredients from their city. Then, in a blind taste-test, all three picked the New York pizza as the best. Turns out the water in NYC is much purer than anywhere else in the country, and is credited with making New York pizza the best in the world. And that's science!

On Food Detective, they actually had pizza chefs from NYC, LA, and Chi each make a pizza in the style of their city, each using ingredients from their city. Then, in a blind taste-test, all three picked the New York pizza as the best. Turns out the water in NYC is much purer than anywhere else in the country, and is credited with making New York pizza the best in the world. And that's science!

Ahh Haaa

Good italian semolina bread and bagels too...
Florida is notorious for poor ( my wife and I call it pre flavored ) water..
There was a guy that trucked water down from NY to Florida and made out quite well in pizza in Florida...

Teddy

[sigh] Another day, another religion discussion on the ol' forum. Peartree I hope you get a big bonus for moderating this place !

Staying that far away would require me to cease being who I am. I cannot compartmentalize "religion" from the "rest of life." For me, there is no such compartment.

I don't think that anyone is asking you to compartmentalize religion from rest of life. I'm asking you not to bulldoze religion into a discussion about something else. If you were out at a launch and two people were talking about natural selection and birds' wing shapes, you would expect them to be kinda pissed off if you waded in and told them both that evolution is in conflict with the Bible and therefore wrong. Same thing in most other discussions here. Unless, of course, the Gospels record Jesus' thoughts on fin fillet sizes and materials. :)

There are many places you can get adequate pizza. The only one true light is not available in stores--it's the pizza my wife makes from scratch.

Staying that far away would require me to cease being who I am. I cannot compartmentalize "religion" from the "rest of life." For me, there is no such compartment.

Then this is not the place for you. It's fairly simple ;)

Just stay out of the Watering Hole. Not sure why it exists, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Probably not. I'm just trying to walk the line, but the line is blurry. And it looks like it will remain blurry. I guess I don't have anything else to add. Thanks, all.

I think it's fairly straightforward.
Don't feed trolls.
Don't be a troll.
Don't -appear- to be a troll.

That last one is the trickiest, since you have some (presumably) sincerely and earnestly felt beliefs that look like trolling to many other people. Only a troll would hassle you for 'I feel blessed today', or 'Thank God the chute didn't snag in that tree'. But you'll just have to accept that other people will take 'evolution is a religion, too' as trolling - even if you don't understand or agree. Treat it like a kind of diet.

I think it's fairly straightforward.
Don't feed trolls.
Don't be a troll.
Don't -appear- to be a troll.

That last one is the trickiest, since you have some (presumably) sincerely and earnestly felt beliefs that look like trolling to many other people. Only a troll would hassle you for 'I feel blessed today', or 'Thank God the chute didn't snag in that tree'. But you'll just have to accept that other people will take 'evolution is a religion, too' as trolling - even if you don't understand or agree. Treat it like a kind of diet.

Simple solution. Talk about rockets. On a rocketry forum. *gasp*

I don't visit TRF to talk about religion. I visit TRF to see someone's insane 10 foot 50K multistager, or massive Orbital Transport upscale, or whatever. Let's keep that the main topic on the forum.

Diversity is our strength...

Or so I've heard...

Aaaaand, that's my point. Bat-mite can have his religion, and I can have mine. I don't tell him what to believe and vice versa. Everyone's happy until someone decides that their deeply-held beliefs are more important than mine.

Aaaaand, that's my point. Bat-mite can have his religion, and I can have mine. I don't tell him what to believe and vice versa. Everyone's happy until someone decides that their deeply-held beliefs are more important than mine.

Fair enough, you and Steven...

Can pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

And me and Bat-mite will pray to Jesus...

Because you know free will and all...:cool:

Back