• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alpha Hybrids Motor System (Complete)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Up for your consideration is an Alpha Hybrids motor system. This will be the NAR certified I250 hardware and reloads.

System includes:

(1) 54mm 6061 Aluminum case (complete with snap rings and thrust washer)
(1) 54mm re-usable graphite nozzle
(1) 54mm re-usable graphite splash collar
(1) Aluminum injector bulkhead (w/ complete injector assembly)
(10) Candle Power reloads (NAR certified I250)
(1) Complete GSE (w/ hand valves and pressure gauge)
(1) Instruction Manual
Optional (1) 10lb Nitrous tank

Everything you need to fly except the scale for loading the oxidizer, and the black powder and Pyrodex pellets required for ignition.

Everything is USPS shippable, no hazmat required.

This system is sold as is, as there is no longer any support from the manufacturer, with one exception; the owner of Alpha Hybrids is a forum member here, and is willing to help you with any questions you may have regarding his high quality product.

Pricing is as follows:

Complete system (w/ optional 10lb tank) is $410 shipped!
Complete system (w/out 10lb tank) is $360 shipped!

Payment options: I’ll accept a money order or personal check. Note here, that a 7-day hold will be placed on personal checks until check clears my bank (This option will affect shipping times). I also accept PayPal with two options: One you pay the 3.5% PayPal fee, or two, you use the friends and family option. Obviously for the both of us, paying the small 3.5% fee is security for both parties involved.

Please, no discussion on this thread, post all sales inquiries via private message or direct email:

Johnnierkt [at] bellsouth [dot] net

The first “I’ll Take it!” posted here on the thread, followed by a PM gets the sale.

I will have updated photos posted to this thread later this evening.

Last edited:
So the story goes... I was showing my daughter videos of this motor last night (videos on Alpha Hybrid Blog site), and she said this was too cool of a motor to sell. I believe she is right. She went on to say, that if she was not already working on a 29mm capable L1 rocket, she would have liked to have built a 54mm rocket and certified NAR L1 on the Alpha I-250.

So the system is now no longer for sale, thank you for looking!

My offer to you stands, otherwise, I will finish the rocket I built for this motor system...
No no, finish, take good pictures, enjoy!

Mine is an abstract technical archeology project... I have to keep reminding myself to stick to my purchase priority stack, or else I won't get to fly as much as I want to :)

Back