Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what killed your husband, Mrs. Exactimator. We found him face down in front of his computer with this thread of really bad egg puns on screen. We figure he made it to about post 17 before he cracked.

she found you eGGspired ...Dave will be found that way also after he Quacked up ..

Kenny

eGGcentric - may very well define the yoksters in this thread

adjective

• 1.(of a person or their behavior) unconventional and slightly strange.
    "my favorite aunt is very eGGcentric"
    synonyms:unconventional, uncommon, abnormal, irregular, aberrant, anomalous, odd, queer, strange, peculiar, weird, bizarre, outlandish, freakish, extraordinary;
noun

• 1.a person of unconventional and slightly strange views or behavior.
    "he enjoys a colorful reputation as an engaging eGGcentric"
    synonyms:oddity, odd fellow, character, individualist, individual, free spirit;

Boy, all of you really came out of your shells in this one.

-Hans

We have some bad news for you Mrs. Dumpty...

We had our annual egg drop today. We dropped 10 eggs from the 60-m-high observation platform of the 120-m Olympic ski jump in Lake Placid (Score = mass/time. High scores are better.) five looked like this DSC01340 500x000.JPG at the bottom, but five others looked like this DSC01345 500x375.JPG. Thanks to Cris' FANTASTIC support, my Egg* products do not look like either.

I like building rockets. I like mixing propellant. I like building Egg kits. I like launching rockets. I really like deploying parachutes. And, I really like finding rockets.

Do the LCD rx come,with the new GPS add on? I didn't see that on the list.

I missed it... probably because I had half a paragraph on it at the beginning. No, the LCD receiver doesn't come with the GPS module... :)

I missed it... probably because I had half a paragraph on it at the beginning. No, the LCD receiver doesn't come with the GPS module... :)

Does the GPS add on module retrofit onto existing LCD Receivers? Any photos? Checked your web page but couldn't locate any...

The docs are on the web site, pictures will be there too as soon as I finish them. I have to build a new case... mine is too hacked up to be a good example.

Make sure its in the budget... Lol. Just kidding. Get the mini. Its amazing. If you don't think you can assemble it. Have Cris sent it strait to me and I'll do it for you. I'll be placing a holiday order soon.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Open. Open. Open.
I got to get a rocket's worth of egg kits. Two Quantums and a Mini. Minimal rocket fuss on the pad.

Just got back from Lucerne, where I had dinner with Chris. He bought dinner and I bought two eggfinders and a GPS module for my receiver. We had a great day of flying with the gang at ROCstock.
Thanks for the sale Chris!

From the pics in the instructions it looks like you should be able to stick the GPS add-on on the top of Black Aero cases if you use them like I do. Maybe shrink wrap the little board and glue on top. Exciting!

From the pics in the instructions it looks like you should be able to stick the GPS add-on on the top of Black Aero cases if you use them like I do. Maybe shrink wrap the little board and glue on top. Exciting!

That's an excellent idea! Cris and I discussed mounting it in the handle, but that would require reducing the size of the battery. Next time I see Kyle, I will kick it around with him. I still think the screws holding the handle on should be re-designed, they can be difficult to get back in.

That's an excellent idea! Cris and I discussed mounting it in the handle, but that would require reducing the size of the battery. Next time I see Kyle, I will kick it around with him. I still think the screws holding the handle on should be re-designed, they can be difficult to get back in.

I am in the process of creating another case, and am waiting for a shipment from Chris to ensure the new GPS feature fits. My intention was to have it ready for Black Friday, but it may not be ready until a Christmas/New Years sale. We shall see.

I do want to say, the current case is very sturdy. I have had no one contact me about a broken part/piece unless they dropped the unit onto concrete/dirt/rocks. The new one is going to be even stronger, potentially smaller (depending on the GPS unit) and cheaper!

Last edited:
Threw my hat in the ring for an Eggfinder starter kit with SMA and antenna upgrade. I've been wanting a small footprint GPS transmitter for a while and the sale pricing motivated me to buy. I plan to utilize my small Windows tablet on the Rx end just like I do with my AIM Xtra system, hoping I can get it to work over Bluetooth.

Cris,

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see the price for the Eggtimer TRS without the LCD. I have the LCD and would like another (or two) TRS boards. What is the sale price for the board only?

-Dwayne

Cris,

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see the price for the Eggtimer TRS without the LCD. I have the LCD and would like another (or two) TRS boards. What is the sale price for the board only?

-Dwayne

TRS's are $70 each ($20 off). I'll check the listings...

Threw my hat in the ring for an Eggfinder starter kit with SMA and antenna upgrade.

I did the same and got an extra transmitter. I finally got around to ordering a 12W Weller iron and soldered up my eggtimer I ordered over a year ago. Was a treat to solder it up with the right equipment. Spendy little iron, but well worth it.

I did the same and got an extra transmitter. I finally got around to ordering a 12W Weller iron and soldered up my eggtimer I ordered over a year ago. Was a treat to solder it up with the right equipment. Spendy little iron, but well worth it.

Oh wow, $46 on Amazon for a soldering iron made in Mexico. Spendy is right.

My younger brother got me a hot air station/adjustable soldering station for Christmas a few years ago. Talk about the right tool for the job. The iron and air side are great and work excellent on Eggtimer stuff.

Back