Wee Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffk813

Renderer of Rockets
Reaction score
Tiny_Goblin.jpgSmall_n_Tall.jpg

The Leading Edge Rocketry MMX Goblin is finished! Got 'er done a few weeks ago. The only thing these kits don't include is decals (probably so LE didn't get sued), but I already had a vector redraw of the Goblin decals so they were easy to downscale and print.

The other pic is a shot of the little one next to the nosecone that will soon be a 3" Goblin upscale. Yes, I know I have a Goblin problem.

I will say that since getting into the MMX realm, I'm having a lot of fun. I've bought several FlisKit kits as well a s a bunch of components to do more of these downscale clones.

Yeah Have to agree the Goblin has to be one of my all time favorite Rockets from the "Golden Age" weather it's the original BT-55 size, Bt-101 5-D12 cluster Up-Scale or 3x T4 body downscale Micro Maxx Powered beauty.

After my first Goblin back in the very early 70's I've always gone with an Orange & Black "Halloween paint scheme" rather then Yellow but that's just me.
Hope you have as much fun flying you're various size Goblins has I have over the years.

003c-sm_Goblin_02-16-72.jpg

003d-sm_Goblin Rebuild Complete_02-10-08.jpg

150-a-sm_Hobby Goblin on Pad_05-14-94.jpg

MM 233a-sm_Goblin_ 09-15-00.jpg

MM 233d4-sm_Goblin 0n Pad_12-13-03.jpg

MM 233Lp06_Goblin on Pad_10-17-15.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 331604View attachment 331605

The Leading Edge Rocketry MMX Goblin is finished! Got 'er done a few weeks ago. The only thing these kits don't include is decals (probably so LE didn't get sued), but I already had a vector redraw of the Goblin decals so they were easy to downscale and print.

The other pic is a shot of the little one next to the nosecone that will soon be a 3" Goblin upscale. Yes, I know I have a Goblin problem.

I will say that since getting into the MMX realm, I'm having a lot of fun. I've bought several FlisKit kits as well a s a bunch of components to do more of these downscale clones.

The only Goblin problem is not having enough of them! Sadly, I wasn't able to get one of the LE Goblin's before they disappeared (nor was I able to get their MMX Scrambler...grrrr...).

However, I was able to solve that problem with a cardstock Goblin + a nose cone from Fliskits (can't say enough great things about Fliskits):
https://sites.google.com/site/waynenator/Goblin.TIF

Here's the page...see you in a couple of weeks, lol, there is so much good stuff there:
https://rocketry.wordpress.com/ultimate-paper-rocket-guide/paper-rocket-partial-builds/

Back