post a pic of your work bench, right now!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
I challenge you all:

Go, right now (or after reading this post) and take a picture of your work bench, as it stands right now.. Regardless of what's on it, the mess on or under it.. go take a picture & post it..

Is it rocket related?
Is there a Holley 4-barrel being cleaned / re-ported?
Are you folding laundry?
Is it the kid's science project? (Yet another backing soda volcano?!)
Is it some other hobby in mid-build?
Are you repairing / weathering your Broadway Limited 2-8-2?
is it just bare? Waiting for something to arrive? Something just finished?
Are you re-organizing your tool box? tackle box? launch box?!
"Miss July" 84?!

Mine:
Madcow mini-Black Brant getting fin fillets
Quinstar getting glued (Yes, 'the one')
Fliskit Nantucket Sound.. pondering paint scheme for upper part & fins (just glued on the fence / railing)
Getting ready to start building the Solar Warrior
A 5-fin scratch build that needs a fin repair, but it's a tricky repair to do.. (one of those "I'll think about it for a bit" repairs that take months to get to..)
And a Lego "MOC" office / factory about half way built..

rockets_1796.jpg

You’re dating yourself with that Nagel on the wall [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I challenge you all:

Go, right now (or after reading this post) and take a picture of your work bench, as it stands right now.. Regardless of what's on it, the mess on or under it.. go take a picture & post it..

Is it rocket related?
Is there a Holley 4-barrel being cleaned / re-ported?
Are you folding laundry?
Is it the kid's science project? (Yet another backing soda volcano?!)
Is it some other hobby in mid-build?
Are you repairing / weathering your Broadway Limited 2-8-2?
is it just bare? Waiting for something to arrive? Something just finished?
Are you re-organizing your tool box? tackle box? launch box?!
"Miss July" 84?!

Mine:
Madcow mini-Black Brant getting fin fillets
Quinstar getting glued (Yes, 'the one')
Fliskit Nantucket Sound.. pondering paint scheme for upper part & fins (just glued on the fence / railing)
Getting ready to start building the Solar Warrior
A 5-fin scratch build that needs a fin repair, but it's a tricky repair to do.. (one of those "I'll think about it for a bit" repairs that take months to get to..)
And a Lego "MOC" office / factory about half way built..
I see you still haven't fixed the Sea Wolf...

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Sure, why not.
IMG_6213.jpg

Estes Trajector parts fully prepped and ready for application of Accur8 NASA skin.

On the right, my APRO Lander 2 which seems to have found a home on my bench because I have no place else to put it at the moment.

The rest... well, it’s not the cleanest my bench has ever been, but also not the messiest. ;)

I'll refrain from "peanut gallery hobnobbing" and get to the challenge. Here we have what's becoming my scratch built Beldar THREAD HERE. A 6 finned MPR, 6" in dia. It's all dry fitted presently as I just got it weighed and a preliminary CG on it. Far from done at this point.

23.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

The workbench is over against the wall underneath the blue air tank. Obviously, not much work is getting done at the moment.

Oh man. I've been soldering things and designing 3d printed parts lately. Here's my primary mess:

IMG_3811.jpg

My garage workbench is the one with big rocket parts on it. It's clean, so that's no fun. My twins and I have been prepping their Formula 38s and my Mouse 38 for paint, so all you'd see there is some wet/dry sandpaper & some rocket bodies.

All the boxes are full of our aunt’s Avon collection. We’ve spent the last three years cleaning out her house and rehabbing it. Between that and work there hasn’t been time for much else.

My "workbench" which currently is split between a computer project and some rocket crap.

0yq8DY2l.jpg

On the bench...

Kiddo science project book and homemade electromagnet (tape and blue wire thing near book, works pretty well with a AA battery). Some of the prototypes for the Missileworks T3 mounting system, and a production RX case with cell phone clamp. The prototypes of a zip tie attachable shock cord EFmini mount. Bibs for a 5K we are timing next Saturday (just finished programming the chips). V2 L3 project with some of the modifications done (at this rate it will be Airfest again before I fly it). CNC router project in background...~60% done.

Most new work is stalled as the big boxes everywhere contain the bathroom remodel components for the coming week. After that and the race are done I may actually get to do something.

I am part way through a project to reorganize my shop. I have shoved all my supplies to the back of the bench or up on the shelves so that I can use my bench as a staging area.
38213149681_b9c3ffd02b_o.jpg

This is my work bench right now. Need to tune this baby up so that I can get back to offering EX motor components and casting supplies to the community!

IMG_0043.jpg

Well.......

The Work Bench-Small.jpg

Not much to see atm. Mostly just random stuff on a old beat up table (tough it is still flat), except for the new soldering station I received for my B-Day a short while back. With the holidays coming up, the only rockets to see the "Bench" for now will the Estes kits in my build pile. Hopefully by spring I can begin working on my L1 scratch build.

Mine is a mess... it is in dire need of organization and reconfigure! Ill have to do that after I complete the Aerobee!

IMG_5938.jpg

My rocket cove needs a lot of attention. Haven't been out there much the last 6 weeks. But now its rocket season. Time to clean up. 1106171849.jpg1106171849a.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I thought he liked working on the ceiling..
I thought he was an Australian
that's how he gets great altitudes. he builds them outta helium, hence the need to build upsidedown, on the ceiling..

:D

aww you mean he doesn't have a source of Cavorite? darn. :)
Rex

Here's a before and after shot of the "Rocket Laboratory".

IMGP3861_stitch2a.jpg

IMGP2525_stitch2_resize.jpg

Back