Awesome Kits Thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't built it yet, but the QModeling Mars Snooper looks like an awesome kit. Just looking at it in the package makes me drool, absolutely beautiful laser cutting. The other parts are of superb quality too.

The Wildman 3” punisher is my favorite.
Can fly it on a large variety of motors, very compact because of the head-end deployment.
View attachment 331415

The Wildman Punisher Super Sport is another favorite of mine because it can fly on anything from a G to J motor so it makes it a nice rocket to fly even at non HP launches. It has the same head-end deployment as the 3” Punisher.

View attachment 331416

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Great red drops on the Punisher. Be careful though, lest you get a cease and desist from Markers Mark.

Not to be the first to pooh-pooh in this thread, but while Madcow are awesome kits, but their quality isn't necessarily the best. I've had to get replacement fins for one rocket (Seawolf - 1/4" major warping, and while the replacement was free, I did have to pay shipping). The 4" patriot (cardboard version) fins were somewhat border line with some curvature. They used to only list the recommended CG point in their instructions, no CP indication, so that lead to some confusion & uncertainty. Some would argue that a 3rd CR is needed in some of their kits with a long motor tube. (And at least a "Madcow" sticker would be nice!)

I have 5 Madcow kits.. Love them all. They've come a long way!! They have probabably the best selection & variety out there.. They're the 'big boys Estes' kits!

Sadly I would have to agree with you. My Jayhawk had badly warped fins. Mike offered to replace them, but I had the kit together and figured it will be a true flyer. I figured I could always build it again. I'm debating about getting my first level 5 kit. I'm considering the Bomarc, but again this time I will inspect the parts more closely.

I'm debating about getting my first level 5 kit. I'm considering the Bomarc, but again this time I will inspect the parts more closely.

A good friend of mine got the Bomarc, the 2.6 dia. version (do they sell a larger one?!) He ended up using stronger (heavier) wood for the wing, but I think that was solely his own choice. (If done right, the wing can come out thinner & stronger, using the right woods, build-up, and lamination techniques. The intake parts (the wooden 'cone' parts) weren't' cut 90°, and needed a bit of sanding to get right. (Minor issue, and hollow them out as best you can!) And the motor pod attachment seems somewhat flimsy. It (in my opinion) comes out heavy overall..

It's mostly built up, he just needs to finish & paint it. (one of those 'long build' project we all have!)

And, I believe he went to Stickershock for the decal..

Wildman Scale Sandhawk 2.6" 38MMT, because it's really rare apparently. Black Saturday Rare.

Awesome being the keyword..

1 - "Doug Stout" 4" ARCAS. Hand-turned hardwood nose and tail. RARE and beautiful work of art.

2 - Just about anything from Roachwerks (Sandman). I'd have to say the 4x24mm Nike-Hercules would be the most awesome.

3 - Cosmodrome Vostok. Not for the faint of heart. You cannot go wrong with any kit from Mike. Attention to scale detail is outstanding.

4- True Modeler's Rocket Kits Juno 1 / Jupiter C: very detailed!

5 - Edmonds Deltie Thunder Boost Glider. We need another glider manufacturer.

6 - THOY Night Hawk - 7x29mm cluster in a kraft airframe? Awesome!

Cheers,
Michael

My favorite rockets to fly currently are the Wildman Interceptor Sport and Interceptor 98. Always great flights. There's a lot of fin on 'em so fillets were a pain, but once they're done, well worth it. No nose weight in either one.

Back