What are these?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a question for you folks who have been around for a while. I found these 2 baggies of electronic parts while cleaning out an old rocketry stash. They are probably kits from the 1990s. The circuit board in the top baggie, is printed with "CMR AS-1". There are no identifying marks in the bottom baggie. I don't know if these represent 2 different kits, or are parts for a single kit. Can somebody tell me what they are?

37407075744_233cb660d6_b.jpg

Oh geez I had one of those when I was a kid. I recognize the accelerometer. Unfortunately I misplaced my foxmitter just before a move in the mid-1990s. I hacked it with a larger output transistor so it put out 300 milliwatts. I had the accelerometer kit, the photocell kit and the tracking transmitter kit. Never got to fly them before I lost interest. I also built a mini mitter, which was a cut down transmitter. I remember both of the items worked just before the move. The 22.5 volt Burgess Battery was fresh and the transmitter still put out RF. Gosh, those were the days.

I think that second kit is the photocell kit. One could use it as an indicator as to how much the rocket was spinning on the way up or could stick a mouse inside of a payload Bay have a flashlight shining off the mouse's belly so the thing supposedly took the mouse's pulse. That was before they made it illegal for launching up mammals. Kurt

Last edited:
Back