• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scans of Estes Scissor Wing Transport fins and decals (w/Ruler)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
No points for guessing what kit I'm looking to sim now.

Yes, I know JimZ's site has a nice set of instructions and scans of the fins and decals, but they are lacking something critical... a scale to go off of.

If you've got an unbuilt, but opened kit, please scan the fins and decals along with a good ruler for scaling.

Thanks!
Jim

Thanks Terry.

If you don't mind, could you scan the plastic parts (both sides) so I can wrap my head around it when I try to sim it.

Thanks!
Jim

Just realized that I failed you. I got a call about some emergent work and never made it out to the garage.
I'll try to remember to give a look when I get back, whenever that is.....

Finally remembered to grab the kit.....
I laid the parts out on the desk with a tape measure for starters..... If you need more specific info on a piece, let me know. I do not plan to build this anytime soon so no rush. The wing sheet is 1/8" the other sheet is 1/16"
023.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 013.jpg

More photos... This kit uses stickers, not decals
033.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 030.jpg 031.jpg 032.jpg 024.jpg

These stickers are difficult to see, but they are shaped to match the left and right ends of the elevator and are intended to act as hinges.
025.jpg

Thanks for those Terry!!!

I'll see what I can do with them when I get a chance!

BTW, I'm still looking for a scan of the all wood parts version. Thanks!

All The Best!
Jim

K'Tesh,

You may have already seen this, but Chris Michielssen recently completed a build of this kit on his blog:

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2018/01/estes-scissor-wing-transport-build-part.html

Runs from Jan 16 to Feb. 2. I was going to clone this a while back, but the complexity put me off, especially replicating the plastic parts. I'm sure with your experience, you'll have better luck. Pictures of the completed build please, or better yet, a build thread.

K'Tesh,

You may have already seen this, but Chris Michielssen recently completed a build of this kit on his blog:

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2018/01/estes-scissor-wing-transport-build-part.html

Runs from Jan 16 to Feb. 2. I was going to clone this a while back, but the complexity put me off, especially replicating the plastic parts. I'm sure with your experience, you'll have better luck. Pictures of the completed build please, or better yet, a build thread.

Thanks for passing that along. When I do get around to building mine, I will be sure to reference Chris's blog for tips & tricks.
I had one around '75 but it never flew (except for hand throwing the glider). Thinking that I might have to build an upscale, with plywood parts like the original, one day.... (Course it would have to have a proper wing to glide better than a rock)

K'Tesh,

No, I hadn't... Thanks for posting that!

Back