Secret Santa 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clues? Okay. It came from Madcow. It was a rocket larger then quite a few MPR (L1/L2) kits. It requires a 36" chute. And, it was very hard not to buy one for myself. The only thing that saved me was a very tight budget for this Christmas year.

Thank you very much Tobor!

Is that a scratch design in your profile pic?

Thank you very much Tobor!

Is that a scratch design in your profile pic?

Sorry Nytrunner, but I am not your SS. Though that 4" Phoenix is one that I would really love to have.

My avatar is a design I came up with back in the early 80's that never made it off the graph paper. Currently it exists as 4" and 6" OpenRocket files.

Okay, one more clue. My SS recipient's forum nic is less then 6 characters long..

Have a great week everyone!

Merry Christmas Matt...

Thank you so much! I can't wait to stick it in a rocket. :)

Ok, the harness is from my Secret Santa, a friend I have not heard from in a couple years was the jokester who sent the Nike-Apache.

The harness gifted to me will be used for my BourbonRoc project which is planned to fly at this years Red Glare in April.

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear you like it. :)

Saaaaa-weet!! Opened my SS package yesterday to find an Estes PSII Nike Smoke!! Looking forward to flying that this spring. Thank you so much Secret Santa, whoever you may be!

It's a Madcow Momba! Way cool. Thx Secret Santa.

And my guess as to my SS? I'll go with BMG22. (Short Nic, easy to type....)

Merry Christmas Tobor!! Twas me. Hope you enjoy!! :santa-smile:

Saaaaa-weet!! Opened my SS package yesterday to find an Estes PSII Nike Smoke!! Looking forward to flying that this spring. Thank you so much Secret Santa, whoever you may be!

Glad you like it!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Tobor!! Twas me. Hope you enjoy!! :santa-smile:

Many many thanks for the Momba! Really gonna dig putting this baby together.

Edit:

And since most Secret Santas are coming out of the closet, so to speak, I guess I should wish DanH a "Very Merry Christmas"

Peace,
Tobor.

Hark! What yonder rocket kit is here?

Secret Santa has gifted me my first 29mm kit, an AMW Pro-X White Wolf!

Do decals or stickers of the TRF logo exist? They would be kinda cool on Secret Santa gift rockets. And I'm going to guess (mostly because his name is on the shipping label) that my Secret Santa is djkingsley...

Yeah, I did not realize the new shipping store in town would not send without an return address even after I explained it was a secret Santa gift.

The White Wolf is designed to have whistling fins as she flies. Have fun with it.

The papa elf special has arrived and I must give a HUGE thank you to Papa Elf, Aerotech, Pemtech, Estes, and Art Applewhite!

Attached is a picture of the loot! Including an Aerotech Arreauxbee Hi (which I've been eyeing intently for quite some time), all three size Art Applewhite Ring(s) of Fire, the also long admired by me Pemtech Screamin Green Meenie, and mores Estes kits than I have time to type out here! This year was an AWESOME Christmas and I can not thank everyone involved enough!

Have yourselves a happy new year! :cheers:

Braden

papaelfspecial.jpg

I think my Santa went insane!!! I got a 3" Madcow Little John. And a 1.6" Fiberglass Black Brant. And a 54mm Aeropack retainer. I am speechless. Thank You Santa!
I have no guess to who it was, but wow! Thank you very, very much.

I think we are all outting ourselves. Have fun and you are quite welcome!

-Secret Santa signing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I think we are all outting ourselves. Have fun and you are quite welcome!

-Secret Santa signing off.

Thank you so much I am going to have so much fun building and then flying these kits. That will be my first fiberglass kit ever. I am assuming it is a Black Brant as there is no identifying paperwork or anything in there, I laid out the parts and that is what it looks like. I cant wait to get started on it.

The papa elf special has arrived and I must give a HUGE thank you to Papa Elf, Aerotech, Pemtech, Estes, and Art Applewhite!

Attached is a picture of the loot! Including an Aerotech Arreauxbee Hi (which I've been eyeing intently for quite some time), all three size Art Applewhite Ring(s) of Fire, the also long admired by me Pemtech Screamin Green Meenie, and mores Estes kits than I have time to type out here! This year was an AWESOME Christmas and I can not thank everyone involved enough!

Have yourselves a happy new year! :cheers:

Braden

Congrats. Have fun building all those kits. And don't forget to post some pics of the finished rockets.

Happy New Year!

I’m glad you like it! It was too sweet of a deal to pass up!

Is that an Estes Mammoth in the background?

Thanks Deep! I was right when I fingered you originally lol

Yup, that's a Mammoth. Painted the nose and fins gold, clearcoated it, and put the stripes on my Argent.

Still have the Mammoth sticker, don't know what I'll do with it.

Thanks Deep! I was right when I fingered you originally lol

Yup, that's a Mammoth. Painted the nose and fins gold, clearcoated it, and put the stripes on my Argent.

Still have the Mammoth sticker, don't know what I'll do with it.

I just built one of those over the past couple days. Needed a quick simple build to take a break from some more complicated builds.

Love it!! Can't wait to get the build started! Apparently the shipping label had the kit name right on it, however my son, Braden (UPscaler), caught it and promptly removed that portion of the label so it could remain a secret until Christmas morning. :) Thanks again and Happy New Year!! Here's to lots of successful flights in 2018!!

Glad you like it!

Merry Christmas!
Love it!! Can't wait to get the build started! Apparently the shipping label had the kit name right on it, however my son, Braden (UPscaler), caught it and promptly removed that portion of the label so it could remain a secret until Christmas morning. :) Thanks again and Happy New Year!! Here's to lots of successful flights in 2018!!

Back