Secret Santa 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be updating my original list here too for whomever my secret santa ends up being. Cant wait to participate! Thanks,

DO

Zero point modules....quantum singularities....maybe I need to find something both ancient and Romulan......

I am in again this year!

Estes: Mega Mosquito, der Red Max, Alpha III, Super Big Bertha, Executioner, Renegade D, Air Commander, Red Nova, Solar Warrior, Super Alpha, Bundle # 7, Blast Off Flight Pack

Morerockets.com: The Viper Flying Model

Semroc: Ranger KV-83, Shrike SEM-KV-37

Quest: Big Dog, Astra, Q2C2 ignitors, Any motors

Accur8: “Indoigo” Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor Model Rocket Short Kit, Estes Mercury Redstone Molded Fins and Super Detail Skin Kit, “Phanton Chameleon Skin” Kit for Estes Cosmic Interceptor Model Rocket

Sirius Rocketry: Interrogator G (18mm), Ingerrogator G (24mm)

Newway: Vigilangle

Jolly Logic: Chute Release, Altimeter 3

Aerotech: Mustang, 24/40-120 RMS hardware set

Madcow: 2.6" Mozzie, 2.6" DX3, 3" Little John,

Last edited:
Hello all,

So yeah, I'll give this a go. My first time and all. Oh and email sent.

Wishlist:

Kits:
Madcow: Carbon Fiber Mongoose 38, 6" Fiberglass Stinger, 4" Tembo, 4" Phoenix, 4" AGM-33 Pike, 4" Fiberglass Rogue, 4" Fiberglass V2, 4" Fiberglass X-Celerator, 4" Fiberglass Lil Rascal SE, 2.6" Momba, 2.6" Bomarc

Loc: Minie Magg, 4" V2, Onyx

Northcoast Rocketry: SR-99 HyperSwift, SA-14 Archer

Pem-Tech: The Space Ark, Screaming Green Meenie

Sirius Rocketry: Interrogator - G

AeroTech: Sumo

PML: Pterodactyl Jr, Bull Puppy 3.0, AGM-Pitbull 2.56, Bumble Bee

Semroc: Mars Lander

Estes: Saturn V

Hardware:
Tinder Rocketry Tender Descender Level 1 HDPE, Jolly Logic Chute Release, Aerotech RMS-38/600

Gift Card:
Apogee, Sirius Rockets, Madcow, or any other rocket eTailer.

Thx Papa Elf for organizing a really kool event like this.

Cheers!

Email sent! Thanks for doing this again Papa Elf.

Wishlist:
Any fiberglass kit
75mm fiberglass motor mount
Cable cutter 2 pack
Madcow/wildman/loki research/bay area rocketry gift cards
Loki 38mm plugged bulkhead
Loki 38mm #25 nozzle
Anything fun

Looks like several people are editing their lists, so make sure to compare folks' lists in the thread with the one you get from papaElf to catch and new additions.

Ugghh.
Looks like I am going to have to drop out. :cry:

Truck decided it wanted a new water pump. That is just the cherry on top. 2017 Saga of the Sierra: brakes, U-joints, EGR system, core plugs, vacuum lines; and tires are in my near future. Last set cost me around 1100 dollars, but I will go cheaper this time. I rarely go offroad anymore. Before you go knocking my truck or GM/GMC in general: 1999 GMC Sierra. 282K miles. I bought used in 2001 with 35K miles. It's been to Wisconsin 3 or 4 times, New York about 7, non stop drives except for gas. Has pretty much seen every state East of the Mississippi loaded with tools/gear for 3 or 4 people. Ice, snow, mud, beach, sand, clear cuts...she's done it all. Survived me in my 20's and my "sure I can climb that hill" "sure I can go through that hole" days. Great truck.

And besides that, this is a Christmas thread. Let's not debate trucks and who's best here.

mini rant: Core plugs/freeze plugs/casting plugs call them what you will. The one on my passenger side near the fire wall went out some time ago. 10 of these things were 5 bucks. But to replace the bad one I had to pull the heads. Which cost my over 200 bucks for a gasket kit, bolts and O-rings. That's the tough part. end rant

We already tightened our Christmas budget, but now it is getting tighter. Which means hobbies lose money before the family's Christmas and since I am the only one with a hobby.....
I am not in financial trouble so I don't want anyone thinking that. Just trying to limit our spending for the next few months, checking our statements and what not turns out it has been a very spendy year. 2017 was Year of the Curveball. We have to pay down some of those bills, another vehicle is definitely on the horizon. I have a few items I am looking for to come on sale and if it is a killer sale, I will partake. Other than that, I will have to stand aside and watch the Black sales pass me by.

So anyway. I'm out. Will get my cancellation email sent to Papa Elf ASAP.

Mikey D

Mikey that's the good story of an old truck. Hurts sometimes you have to make the tough decision on weather you want car payments or repair bills.

Yep. I have a 2016 KIA for the near-wife and girls to have something dependable. Keep saying it is my turn for a new truck and I keep buying stuff for the near-wife. I keep waiting for Sierra to break something I can't fix. U Joint scared me, it let go going 70 down the highway. A loud thunk and lots of knocking afterwards, thought that was the end. Lol

Email Sent!

Wishlist!

I started back into the hobby about 10 months ago and got my L1 cert in September. So far I’ve only been using single-use motors, so as I begin to explore the prospects of reloadables, any kind of motor hardware or accessories would be welcome. Even some old cases you don't need anymore.

The next skill on my "things to-learn" list is dual-deploy, so anything that could help me down that path would be welcome.

Also: thin mil chutes, nomex chute protectors (any size but currently don’t have any rockets wider than 3”), kevlar cord. A camera shroud?

Basically anything that you think a new but passionate rocketeer might enjoy as they delve deeper into the hobby and a L2 cert in 2018.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Sign up for this years Secret Santa has ended. Please check the list to see if your name made it. Check your e-mails because you should receive your recipient today.

Email received! Package is being planned... hopefully you like it :))))

All the e-mails have been sent out. If you have not received yours in a timely manor, please let me know and I will resend it or PM your list.

I thought about adding Mrs Elf to the list this year, but decided not to because she is not a trf member and she only has a mild interest in rockets (although she asked me if we could fly rockets yesterday, but I told her it will prob be to dark by the time we got home from her parents house.).

Now its time for the fun to begin!

I received the email. Working on my recipient's wishlist, and I think I know just what to get! :)
SS recipient,
I hope you like it!

Thanks,

I was surprised to find the email waiting for me this morning. I figured the turkey tryptophan comas would have taken until noon to wear off on us.

Someone said something earlier in the thread about a thread of vendors?

Gift(s?) ordered. I’ll know if you open them early. I have ESPN. And NFL network.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back