Secret Santa 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not big on asking for high priced items, but if my SS has not selected a gift for me yet... I sure could use a 98 to 54mm Giant Leap Eliptical Tailcone retainer for a new Binder Kit I want to get started on. Just an option to throw out there.

Last edited:
Art Applewhite wanted me to mention his special secret santa promotion:

Free drop shipment, i.e. the buyer tells me where to ship the gift which is different from their address
Free Christmas gift wrapping
Free card saying "Merry Christmas from Your Secret Santa
Priority Mail shipping at $6.45
Orders can be made up to December 18th for delivery by Christmas

Here is the official Sent and Received List:

blackbrandt Sent Received
BMG22 Sent Received
chrisudy Sent Received
DanH Sent Received
DeepOvertone Sent Received
djkingsley Sent
dr_wogz Sent Received
DRAGON64 Sent Received
emckee Sent Received
Faroutspacenut Sent Received
fyrfytr310 Sent Received
jazzviper1 Sent Received
Kallahan11 Sent Received
Krislhull Sent
Locksmith Sent Received
Nytrunner Sent Received
rc dude Sent Received
rockets Sent Received
Sandeja1 Sent
Smugglervt Sent Received
solid_fuel Sent Received
Tobor Sent Received
T-Rex Sent Received
UPScaler Sent Received
Weetie11 Sent Received

Just a small note, if anyone plans to send Papa Elf something, please time it so it gets to me before Dec 15th. Thanks!
Updated Dec 18

Last edited:
My package has been received, I have been told it has anyway its been wrapped and placed under tree with rest of present and none of them have names!!! So I cant even shake it WTF lol

A Secret USPS Elf brought this Secret Santa a package from his supplier today. Tomorrow I shall stuff it with some more swag, then Monday dispatch it via another Secret Elf.

Mark me as received, the kids will wrap it for me and stick it under the tree! Thank you Secret Santa! Email has been sent to Papa Elf too.

I got a box today!
It said on the front to open the outer box, and I did, and in it was a nicely gift wrapped box! The label said it was from Art Applewhite! And I know what rockets he makes!! Oh, I'm so excited for whatever is in there!! :)
And thank you to whoever my SS is, and for whatever is in that box!

Email sent to Papa Elf.

Thanks,

I've received a box from BMS. I'm presuming it's from my SS, as folks in my family don't typically order rocket stuff, and I haven't ordered anything from there...

Thanks SS!

So far nothing for Papa Elf of Mrs. Elf. I did get one of the boxes of donated prizes for the Papa Elf Special. Maybe I should announce who is the winner. Or maybe I should surprise the winner by sending it without announcing he's the winner :p. Hmm. Tough Decisions :p

Got paid today and got my gift(s) ordered! Will send them on to my recipient as soon as they arrive here so I can wrap them!

So far nothing for Papa Elf of Mrs. Elf. I did get one of the boxes of donated prizes for the Papa Elf Special. Maybe I should announce who is the winner. Or maybe I should surprise the winner by sending it without announcing he's the winner :p. Hmm. Tough Decisions :p

Did you participate in the list in the same manner that everyone else did?

Would anyone want to participate in a collection for our papa elf?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Would anyone want to participate in a collection for our papa elf?

I think that would be really nice. There is the issue of trust in regards to the collector of funds so, it might be easier just to submit a PayPal "Friends" transfer directly to Papa Elf's account.

Anyhoot I'm in.

Add me to the received list... it’s gonna be a long wait...

And I just received a box from MadCow......at the same time that I receive a box I ordered from Madcow........

Now I have TWO boxes I can't open, and *I* ordered one of them!
Where's that gif of Jim Carrey screaming at the two two spears on either side?

Mark me as received lol

Last edited:
And I just received a box from MadCow......at the same time that I receive a box I ordered from Madcow........

Mark me as received lol
Tell the Mrs. what you ordered from MC and have her open both boxes. Of course have her sworn to keep the SS package contents a secret from you until Christmas morning.

Just an idea..... :p

Tell the Mrs. what you ordered from MC and have her open both boxes. Of course have her sworn to keep the SS package contents a secret from you until Christmas morning.

Just an idea..... :p

If I wasn't a young single engineer just starting his career, that'd be a great idea lol.

Of course, if you know any young ladies with an appreciation for rockets and dry humor, I'm all ears:wink:

Where's that gif of Jim Carrey screaming at the two two spears on either side?

Mark me as received lol

open the one with the tracking number for the package you ordered

Recieved a large box today from madcow labeled trf secret Santa ! Thanks Santa !

If I can believe the USPS Delivery Elves and the tracking number they gave me, someone should be getting a package tomorrow.

I'm a week off of an MRI that I still haven't heard the results of, and add to that I found out the other day my last paycheck bounced. I'm stressed out enough this week that if my Secret Santa gift arrives here tomorrow I would probably break a rule and open it.

Back