North Korea Nuclear Test Site Collapse Killed 200 People: Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These jackasses keep...

Threatening to nuke the west...

And they just nuked themselves...

Maybe Lil Kim aka...

"Rocket Man"...

Is buried...

I think it is important to realize that is the leadership making the threats. The average Joe in North Korea has zero input on what the country does.

Why do we care about this? Isn't this from a country who wants to destroy us?

Even China has gone on record publicly to "encourage" NK to restrict or stop testing under this particular mountain because of the dangers that they forsee in an imminent mountain collapse larger than this one. What China, South Korea, Japan (and others) are worried about is that a major collapse could release a great deal of radioactive material into the atmosphere that would drift over all of those countries as well as being carried aloft across the Pacific and eventually to the US. Remember also that NK shares its northern border with Russia and just across that border is Vladivostok, a decently large metropolitan city and also Russia's only warm water port and home of its entire Pacific fleet. A large radioactive cloud carried north over Vladivostok would not be a good thing and the last thing the Chinese want is a lot of Russians offering to help fix the problem, especially if they offer to help the same way they did in Crimea...

What China, South Korea, Japan (and others) are worried about is that a major collapse could release a great deal of radioactive material into the atmosphere that would drift over all of those countries as well as being carried aloft across the Pacific and eventually to the US.
Yep. The horribly low quality photo below is the cavern left behind by a puny 3.1 kiloton shot. Imagine the one from a 100+ kiloton shot. For scale, you can (barely) see a guy standing to the right of the peak of the rubble on the cavern floor:

Project Gnome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gnome

Project_Gnome_nuclear_explosion_-_salt_dome_cavity.jpg

A minor setback for a leader who is willing to waste as many lives as it takes to get what he wants.

I think it is important to realize that is the leadership making the threats. The average Joe in North Korea has zero input on what the country does.

That's just like...

It is here...:facepalm:

I wish it was with the leadership all in attendance doing an inspection. However, I highly suspect that it was "Loyal" members (of some work camp) who suffered this fate.

Search YouTube for "asian boss north korea defectors".
Plenty of insight into what people go through there and how massive their brainwashing is.

Also how their govts goal is taking S Korea by force. Period.

That's just like...

It is here...:facepalm:

No it..........
is not...........
at all.

Our country has a system in place where if we don't like the leadership we can vote them out. We have elected officials, not dictators, and they answer to us. If we don't like what the party in charge is doing there are options every single election.

That doesn't mean that we all end up being in love with every elected official, but if you think you have zero input in what the country does then you have ZERO idea how the country works.

No it..........
is not...........
at all.

Our country has a system in place where if we don't like the leadership we can vote them out. We have elected officials, not dictators, and they answer to us. If we don't like what the party in charge is doing there are options every single election.

That doesn't mean that we all end up being in love with every elected official, but if you think you have zero input in what the country does then you have ZERO idea how the country works.

Funny, I thought he meant on TRF ... :facepalm:

Back