enterprise commercial

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
https://www.enterprise.com/en/inspiration/pursuits/texas-rocket-woman.html

First, the comment "they tell her, oh, that looks good for a girl" Dunno where she's flying but I've never seen anything like that in the hobby.

second, the entire "women can do anything" promotion or "OMG look what a woman did!!!" is insulting in itself I'd say.

NASA announced something about the woman with the most time for a woman spacewalking, and many people brought up the point- why track that? It's not like they track men separately. Of course it's just to make a good headline, but the point is that in tracking people in anything thats done co-ed, where there is no difference between sexes in ability, tracking female records is basically saying "awwww, thats cute look what a woman did! Wonder who's making her husband a sandwich?"

oh, and this gave me giggles too :) I know, I'm missing the point...which is that I should rent cars from enterprise because, space. duh.

"
[h=2]Shooting for the Stars[/h]Alex is a brilliant high school student who knows how to dream big. She’d love to be on Mars by the time she’s 30 but will settle for a manned mission to the International Space Station. Watch her discover the world of amateur rocketry and attempt to launch her self-made, high-tech model rocket."

Last edited:
Well Alex and her friends have been flying with DARS in Texas for a few years now. The video shoot was quite a Hollywood production with a big film crew from both coasts and I think the director was from the Netherlands. I never heard that it as an Enterprise deal until this came out. There are nits to picked here and there but I thought it came off rather well, but I'm a little biased I guess.

Well Alex and her friends have been flying with DARS in Texas for a few years now. The video shoot was quite a Hollywood production with a big film crew from both coasts and I think the director was from the Netherlands. I never heard that it as an Enterprise deal until this came out. There are nits to picked here and there but I thought it came off rather well, but I'm a little biased I guess.

I think it's a cool shot, and a great, great story. Just disappointed at the turn it took with the "girls too" turn. was great as a motivational shoot on its own.

I think it's a cool shot, and a great, great story. Just disappointed at the turn it took with the "girls too" turn. was great as a motivational shoot on its own.

I agree they took kind of an old stereotype slant. "Next time" I'll demand final script approval ! :wink:

[video=youtube;SFZctiumoGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFZctiumoGQ[/video]

youTube link , cloud cover caught my eye looks low on pc , the cloud cover looks higher on TV

I liked it. I didn't analyze it, I just watched it, and was happy for her. It made me proud to be a rocketeer.

Great stuff, refreshing to see real people & real rockets.

AGREED .

To the OP - take it for what it is , a good commercial with a positive model rocketry spin.
I may get grief for that, but its just my honest / worthless .02 :wink:

That was great. I like having people to root for, especially in this day and age. GO ALEX!

It was there. In fact, my grandson and I were in the middle of those people looking up in the last couple of sec. I would have preferred that they add a little more context but I suppose they had to limit it to under 2 mins. Still I think it was well done. They paid us with a pretty good BBQ lunch. Which they brought out to the field in an Enterprise truck :eyeroll:

Cute feel good commercial but I can't even imagine the pitch for the premise in the Enterprise boardroom from the Ad Execs. "Okay so you guys rent cars right, well here is what we came up with, we are going to shoot this commercial about this kid who is into hobby rocketry and has dreams of going to mars when she is 30" Thoughts?

Cute feel good commercial but I can't even imagine the pitch for the premise in the Enterprise boardroom from the Ad Execs. "Okay so you guys rent cars right, well here is what we came up with, we are going to shoot this commercial about this kid who is into hobby rocketry and has dreams of going to mars when she is 30" Thoughts?

Usually, big wigs executives are out of touch with reality. Simple as that.

Back