AT ejection charges?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
That's very interesting. I've never gotten a AT reload that didn't have the BP in it for an ejection charge. I noticed on my I1299N-P reload, there was a canister of powder included. I thought that was strange in a Plugged reload, but I'll take it.

I don't remember any of the AT reloads I've used not coming with the BP, either. From E all the way to J, they've all included it.

I just noticed some assembly drawings of AT HP reloads say the ejection charge is "user supplied", while others list the weight of the BP. I thought all their reloads came with ejection charges. Is something changing? These are both 38/720 reloads.

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...gs/38mm_hp_rms/38-720/38-720_j350w-l_assy.pdf

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...gs/38mm_hp_rms/38-720/38-720_i600r-m_assy.pdf

Look at the instructions instead of the drawings. For the I600 BP is listed as included:
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...MS_Instructions/38mm/38_720r_i_in_20066-1.pdf

After 17 years I still tape the directions to my table and build the motor on top. Two years ago I got cocky and slapped a motor together and somehow swapped fore and aft o-rings and ended up burning a nice slot in my case and rocket. I admire those of you who can remember which motors have which combination of o-rings and where they go.

Steve Shannon

After 17 years I still tape the directions to my table and build the motor on top. Two years ago I got cocky and slapped a motor together and somehow swapped fore and aft o-rings and ended up burning a nice slot in my case and rocket. I admire those of you who can remember which motors have which combination of o-rings and where they go.

Steve Shannon

One time I forgot to put the liner in. I don't recommend that. I also forgot to tighten a quick link and broke a fin on the same launch. On the next launch of that same rocket (after I repaired it), I forgot an o-ring when assembling the motor. The delay grain burned through prematurely, and gave me a sudden and surprising early deployment. No damage that time. I finally got an uneventful third launch with that rocket.

[YOUTUBE]j5MHkfOs-mk[/YOUTUBE]

motor_case0.jpg

motor_case1.jpg

motor_case2.jpg

motor_case3.jpg

P1020268.JPG

P1020517.JPG

But they do come with instructions. You just have to read them.

But they do come with instructions. You just have to read them.

Well, not any more. All you get in the reload is the drawing and some words that are full of errors. These are not like the "instructions" of old. If didn't have 20 years of experience of assembling RMS motors, I would be very confused with the crappy documentation that Aerotech provides.

I saw someone with a great T-shirt from some event awhile ago. It said:

No, two shovels DO NOT count as redundant recovery systems!

Well, not any more. All you get in the reload is the drawing and some words that are full of errors. These are not like the "instructions" of old. If didn't have 20 years of experience of assembling RMS motors, I would be very confused with the crappy documentation that Aerotech provides.

As of the last launch I attended in April, the reloads I used had the same old instructions.

Back