Rocket Storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normzilla

Reaction score
Hey all,

Since my reentry into rocketry, I've been getting my building discipline back in order with MPR and refreshing my older HP-stuff; I've assembled a small fleet. Instead of just standing them up in a corner of a room, I wanted a better way to show them off and keep them organized.

What are you all doing to store your rockets? Wall mounted? Hanging? Stands? On the floor?

Just wondering.

Thanks
Nathan

Hey all,

Since my reentry into rocketry, I've been getting my building discipline back in order with MPR and refreshing my older HP-stuff; I've assembled a small fleet. Instead of just standing them up in a corner of a room, I wanted a better way to show them off and keep them organized.

What are you all doing to store your rockets? Wall mounted? Hanging? Stands? On the floor?

Just wondering.

Thanks
Nathan

Padded the ceiling joist in my garage with the foam that you wrap pipes in, and store the MP-HP up there.

Padded the ceiling joist in my garage with the foam that you wrap pipes in, and store the MP-HP up there.

Added bonus: you can wire them all up with motors installed and it doubles as a defensive missile rack... as long as they’re all pointed at the driveway that is. If they’re pointing the other way, you would probably have a problem... ;^p

Added bonus: you can wire them all up with motors installed and it doubles as a defensive missile rack... as long as they’re all pointed at the driveway that is. If they’re pointing the other way, you would probably have a problem... ;^p

They are pointed at the most dangerous thing in our neighborhood...my 6 year old son's room. It isn't nearly enough ordinance to even slow him down.

This stand is made using one of those cheap toilet paper roll stack things. Just bend to a suitable shape.
Interrogator.JPG
A needed improvement is to add some non-slip stuff to the part where the rocket sits.

This one is a piece of stainless sheet cut to shape, and a machined boss to support the rocket. Three rubber feet are underneath so it doesn’t rock.
AngleStand.JPG Cestris.JPG
You could get away without having to turn the boss if you wanted to make one of these. Perhaps somehow use a spent motor case and some epoxy.
Note: Not recommended for long rockets or ones that don't have a strong construction around the motor mount and aft end. The constant pull of gravity can cause some airframes to bend over time.

Above the tool boxes:

Above and between the garage doors:

On shelves with PVC racks:

Our big rocket sits on top of a 135 gallon fish tank in my classroom. It is too tall to stand up and too wide to hang from a wall.

IMG_3635.jpg

I built a couple of these racks (modeled after a gun rack) to hold most of my mid and high power rockets.

IMG_3636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Office chair legs make great supports for larger rockets. You can find people getting rid of chairs quite frequently and re-purpose the legs. Here is one with a 98mm case bolted to it. Makes standing long, tall rockets really stable.
Stand2.jpg

InHouse.JPG

Is the V2 hanging in your house? That I would very much like to see.
I barely get away with hanging what I have in the house. Luckily the V2 belongs to someone else:rolleyes:

Here is one with a 98mm case bolted to it. Makes standing long, tall rockets really stable.

View attachment 331215

I barely get away with hanging what I have in the house. Luckily the V2 belongs to someone else:rolleyes:

Ah: Mr OTT: Dr Snrkl here to fix it up: I can see your EXACT problem: that large good looking Nike Apache rocket in your stairwell has "UNITED STATES" written on it in large letters.. Perhaps if it was an AUSTRALIAN sounding rocket, it would be more partner-palatable?!?! Dr Snrkl prescribes that you add 2-3 large Australian sounding rockets to the same stairwell - I think if you put a H.A.D, A Kookaburra and a Long Tom in there with it, you will find the stairwell develops a more Australiana feel, and will generally soothe the moods of any Australian partners...

Now if your partner is German, I suggest you barter to get the giant V2 back and convert it into a treehouse with a funslide or a fireman's pole.. You might just end up having to live in it one day...

=^p

Last edited:
Back