Gettting back into LPR with my Daughter Liana, soon to be 5.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalantVR41062

Celebrate Recovery
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
attachment.php

Liana helping me fly my Comanche 3 single stage with a estes C6-7.

attachment.php

Liana running back with her HiJax with a kitty cat toy in the payload section, estes C6-5.

attachment.php

My wife Alison and Liana pre-flight of the HiJax.

attachment.php

Liana's rockets, I have sense added a Mini Comanche 3 and Alison and Liana added stickers to 2 rockets, One we named Frozen and the other is a Corkscrew.

I also have some LPR and getting into MPR in preparation for HPR, I plan to get my L1 and L2 over the next year and keep flying in local parks which seems to gather a small crowd so Liana and I have been passing on safe flying skills to others.

~John

I have one of those, a young daughter that is, actually twins one of each. They are super cute at that age, mine are turning 8 this December, man time flies by so quick. I am still a hero in my daughter's eyes but with my son I am rapidly losing IQ points. I should be at the level of a Primate by the time he is 10. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Welcome back and nice rockets too.

Love to see the kids getting involved. And we need more females in this hobby. Well done. I wish you many happy launches!

My daughter asked the other day if I could build her a bigger rocket. I said why not fly the 2" Barracuda kit you helped me pick the paint scheme on. So I will help her prep and fly this bigger rocket for her and maybe put a H in it up at the HPR launch if she wants to see it really fly.

~John

Rocketry is a great thing to do with your kids! I love building and flying rockets with my 9 and 10 year old. That said, I now find myself buying K-motors “for the kids.”

Wow! I relive my first launch from a good friend when I was 12. It got me hooked.

Nice. What is the horizontal pipe attached to your launch pad?

I built this pad for flying mid power rockets, up to 16oz I have 3 rods that fit it, 1/8" 3/16" and 1/4"x65" ss.

The pipe was originally added to tilt the pad to help load rockets on the tall rod, but we have been working on just holding the rocket at the base and getting in on the rod.

So now its still there to hold the smaller rod and wind sock, and it helps to throw the pad over the shoulder heading out to our launch sites.

Attachments

• IMG_20170914_082505430.jpg
    IMG_20170914_082505430.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 63
Rocketry is a great thing to do with your kids! I love building and flying rockets with my 9 and 10 year old. That said, I now find myself buying K-motors “for the kids.”

Yes, dear, I need to buy a half dozen K motors for the kids. Don't you want them to grow up and get into high-paying STEM jobs? :D

Just getting back into rocketry after a 43 year layoff myself. Good to see this involvement....reminds me of my daddy and I.

Back