Launch Tower Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhncarr358

Reaction score
I just got into rocketry again after dealing with a nasty tragedy
My first rocket is just nearly completed and am waiting on a second to arrive.
I didn't put on rail buttons on my Wildman Darkstar Lite since it is thin walled and was planning on using a fly away system while looking up info I came across some ideas about DIY Launch tower
some looked complicated until I came across a couple plain and simple ones using just some plywood and 2x4s
I would like to try one but using a old wood stool place holes through the top for 1/2 electric conduits and one in the middle for wiring
To me the only problem I would encounter would be it not being stable on uneven ground
If anyone has any other insight I would appreciate it
Thanks

As long as you can stake down the center plate and run guys to the legs ( if I'm imagining correctly ) it should be just fine.

If there's any possibility of it tipping over in a good gust of wind, please update the design :)

As long as you can stake down the center plate and run guys to the legs ( if I'm imagining correctly ) it should be just fine.

If there's any possibility of it tipping over in a good gust of wind, please update the design :)

You know I had not thought of that thanks some screw eye bolts para cord and stakes
I will redesign it once I start getting things together Thanks

Three or four leg stool? Might not matter. I'm assuming you will tip it upside down and use the legs to support the guide rods. Just make sure the cross pieces between legs are strong so the guy lines don't pull them apart. You might want to run a piece of metal strapping material around them to ensure stiffness.

Three or four leg stool? Might not matter. I'm assuming you will tip it upside down and use the legs to support the guide rods. Just make sure the cross pieces between legs are strong so the guy lines don't pull them apart. You might want to run a piece of metal strapping material around them to ensure stiffness.

The stool design I was thinking would be four legged standing upright
For support for the guides I was thinking drilling holes through the top with wood across the lower rung also with holes so the guides would be sturdy that way and have little whipping
To prevent it from tipping I'll put some eye hooks to the side and stake it down with some para cord

Back