Got a steal this weekend!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpoehlein

Reaction score
I found this at an antique mall Saturday - got it for only $25! Box is worse for wear (cardboard delaminated from dampness), but all the molds seem to be there and the unit looks to be in good shape. Haven't tested the hot plate or vac pump, but I can get repair parts for those if need be.IMG_0024.jpg

Referencing the artwork on the box, ae you required to look like a complete dork while forming stuff?

What shape molds does it come with that would be useful for rockets (or are they available on the aftermarket)?

One of the stages (the base that distributes the vacuum) is designed for anything you choose. You can thus provide your own forms for rocket or model parts. These are really coveted in the IPMS because you can make custom clear canopies for model airplanes with them. Same would apply to rocketry.

Referencing the artwork on the box, ae you required to look like a complete dork while forming stuff?

Only back in the sixties. Now, you have to look like a middle aged nerd or geek! (I got that covered! ;) )

That was the coolest toy I ever had as a kid. The only problem I ever had with it was a certain plastic sheet that had a "foil like" appearance to it, never would heat up properly. Made bad forms. All the other sheets worked like a charm. I seem to remember one of the forms was an airplane.

Back