Help me pick my next build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which kit should I build

• Estes STM-102

• Estes Mercury Redstone

• Estes Cosmic Explorer

• Get creative with all the tubes in the spares box.

• Here, build this free sample.

Results are only viewable after voting.

HHaase

Reaction score
I know, I still need to finish a couple (don't we all), but I want to start a new build thread. Been a while since my last one.
I can't decide what I want to do, so let's do a poll!

Lets just say, I'm not surprised the Redstone ended up taking an early lead.

Omega? Hmmmmmm. That's BT-60 based, isn't it? I have a good pile of BT-60 tubes.

Lets just say, I'm not surprised the Redstone ended up taking an early lead.

Omega? Hmmmmmm. That's BT-60 based, isn't it?

Yes... And Alex Boyce has finished his work on creating the files to 3D print a Cineroc...

37616558150_66105387e4_c.jpg

Stage something!

What size range? I have a BT-60 Boosted Arcas that flies great on a D12 gap staged to an E9... Seems to burn forever!

First flight I just let the booster "tumble". Bad plan- lawn dart. My current iteration rear ejects- there was a Peak of Flight about it awhile ago.

One thing- rear eject eats standard shock cords like crazy. If I were redoing it I'd go Kevlar.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Stage something!

What size range? I have a BT-60 Boosted Arcas that flies great on a D12 gap staged to an E9... Seems to burn forever!

First flight I just let the booster "tumble". Bad plan- lawn dart. My current iteration rear ejects- there was a Peak of Flight about it awhile ago.

One thing- rear eject eats standard shock cords like crazy. If I were redoing it I'd go Kevlar.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

That's Right! You SHOULD stage something... Like... The Estes Omega K-52P! OR The Estes Omega K-52 with Cineroc! :grin:

27915151184_47cd3cfc23_o.png

I picked STM-102 because its one of the first kits I bought after I got back into rocketry. mine is still unfinished after about four years and a dozen other completed projects.

Have you chosen? Just try the Cosmic Explorer. You'll be surprised at how satisfying the simple sturdiness of this rocket is. The decals are cool too, and there's a little problem solving in their open-endedness.

Well, going by the poll, it's going to be a creative use of the spares box. I have a couple fun ideas already in that regard.
Been a busy week so have to work through a couple things first.

-Hans

Ok, let's make it official. It's a spare parts build, and I have some really cool ideas already.

Build thread incoming in just a couple days.

Back