Dinner almost had a funky taste to it

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
So I was going to grill some chicken last night. I pulled out the grill and the chimney starter for the charcoal. I stuffed some newspaper in the bottom of the charcoal starter. Then I looked around for the charcoal and found it near the trash can. I picked it up and determined there was just enough for the chicken. I poured the charcoal into the chimney starter and... what the heck is that blue spray can cap doing in the charcoal??? Oh wait... that isn't charcoal. Its clumps of kitty litter... used kitty litter. Eww...

I REALLY hate it when that happens.

But it reminds me... I need charcoal.

That's pretty funny...
As long as you caught it,, lol..

Teddy

people used to burn cow chips for fuel. wonder what sort of isp one could get from used kitty litter lumps. :)
Rex

I can't imagine kitty litter, or any of the "deposits" in it would burn. The newspapers you use in the bottom of the chimney starter would have toasted the kitty litter and the smell would have been bad, but all I would have had to do was dump it out and hose it down.

people used to burn cow chips for fuel. wonder what sort of isp one could get from used kitty litter lumps. :)
Rex

I can't imagine kitty litter, or any of the "deposits" in it would burn. The newspapers you use in the bottom of the chimney starter would have toasted the kitty litter and the smell would have been bad, but all I would have had to do was dump it out and hose it down.

Well to analyze this too far... Cows eat lots of roughage, e.g. grass, alfalfa, clover, corn and it's stalk, and occasionally their bedding, straw. Their digestive system isn't as efficient as ours, so some of that passes through undigested, or only partially. Thus once fully dried, it will burn. Cats however, are mostly carnivores (if dried cat chow really does have "meat" in it...), so that food, once ran through the cat digestive "deposit" creator, has a lot less combustible material left over (hairballs are still in the beta testing phase... but the smell has some side affects :eyeroll: ).

Cat poo has a high protein content because it is only partly processed. Maybe that helps it burn better. The partial processing is why dogs like eating it so much. :eek:

Some kitty litter here is made from recycled paper and would probably burn pretty well. We don't use it (for our cats that is) as it is a bit light and tends to be scattered around the laundry room a bit.

Hey cat litter is bentonite good for making rocket nozzles with poo for glue. :p

Now to convince Estes to make a Blackjack type formulation with said nozzle. :eyepop: :tongue:

Richard

Back