Show off your Goonies/ Odd Rocks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadavidson

Reaction score
I know this type of post has probably been done in recent history but thought I would start a new one.

I have been really been into Estes up scales/ goonies/ odd rocks/ unique stuff, whatever you want to call them. And thought I would put them in one post to share and that everyone could post theirs as well.

May create new ideas or new projects.IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Now, if I posted my oddrocs, it would just be embarrassing. To me, not you. I remember your article about your 3 certs in one day. Man does time fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Last edited:
This is my SAIIISG3F4F2S (Super Alpha III Stretch Goony 3 Fin 4 Fin 2 Stage). And yes, the LCO got it right!

[YOUTUBE]ae4lJ6ZuSbk[/YOUTUBE]

131_outside.jpg

IMGP2691.JPG

IMGP2696.JPG

IMGP2698.JPG

IMGP2712.JPG

This my Gooniot (Patriot Goony). 3" body tube, and I turned the nose cone.

[YOUTUBE]MX47cvRoFyY[/YOUTUBE]

P1100125.JPG

P1050964.JPG

P1100151.JPG

P1050976.JPG

111_shoulder.jpg

127_sanded.jpg

129_nose_cone.jpg

1st up, the oddest rocket I ever built. I call it UFTYES / yooft' yes. The 2nd is Arapagoony. A goony version of the Arapahoe E. Looked cute. Flew like crap. Trashed it on the maiden flight. Sorry, no video on that one.

[video=youtube;sv07idTx09w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv07idTx09w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

U.F.T.Y.E.S Cropped.jpg

Arapagoony.jpg

I remember UFTYES. Never did know how to pronounce it. LOL

This is my SAIIISG3F4F2S (Super Alpha III Stretch Goony 3 Fin 4 Fin 2 Stage). And yes, the LCO got it right!

[YOUTUBE]ae4lJ6ZuSbk[/YOUTUBE]

Really cool looks like a Big Bertha and Alpha had a baby or two I guess since it is a two stage

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Probably my strangest is my "That's Nuts"

IMG_0384.jpg

Not sure if you would consider this as an odd roc, but I am also rather pleased with my "Eye Catching" rocket

P1020610.jpg

I have another one I call Tikk Takk. It's the one on the left. Imagine a giant carpet/brass tack turned pointy side up. The ring poses as the head. Don't step on it...:cyclops:

Tikk Takk & My Li'l Dit Dow.jpg

Have posted some of these in the past, in a previous Goony Thread, but here they are again.

Goony-Marc2 002.jpg

Goony-Herc 012s.jpg

P4141211.JPG

P4101203.JPG

subtg2.jpg

Goony-pup.jpg

Here is my goonified version of the the Estes Solar Sailor. This one is called Lunar Goonar

7416737228_178bf2bc27.jpg

Back