Home Build Launch Controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockiteer

Reaction score
Well, so far so good. Rendered the decal graphic on CorelDraw then printed it out using an HP 400 Laserjet pro printer on white decal paper. Had to apply generous amounts of decal solvent to get everything to lay down evenly. Drilled pilot holes using the dots on the decal as starting guides then bored out to final diameter using step bits. Great stuff those step bits. Finally installed all the electrical hardware but still have to hook everything up. Maybe this weekend. Used some 3" stainless steel drawer pulls as switch guards for the actual "Launch" button on the right. It is also protected inside a box with a flip cover for double failsafe protection from accidental "activation". Not to keen with the interlocking key switch on the left. I want a switch that you can insert the key, turn to energize the circuit but not be able to remove the key until you return it to the "off" position. Will have to scour Amazon for one. There will be banana jacks on the front edge for the power leads to the launch pad. Haven't decided to have the power source (i.e. motorcycle battery) at the launcher end or rig it with a relay and have the battery at the launch pad. Still mulling over this so stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by and viewing.

Attachments

• IMG_20171013_160017[1].jpg
    IMG_20171013_160017[1].jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20171018_211456[1].jpg
    IMG_20171018_211456[1].jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 105
One of the things I did for my personal launch controller was to make the arm switch momentary. That way you need two hand to launch and have to hold the ARM switch to be able activate the LAUNCH PB. It's not required, but I feel it's an extra safety feature. Your choice.

Great idea and thank you. I'll see if I can incorporate that feature into my cricut. Can't have enough safeties! Reminds me of my days during the Cold War launching rocket boosted - atomic tipped torpedoes (I can neither confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons).

One of the things I did for my personal launch controller was to make the arm switch momentary. That way you need two hand to launch and have to hold the ARM switch to be able activate the LAUNCH PB. It's not required, but I feel it's an extra safety feature. Your choice.

Back