Kit ideas for a G80-10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a few G80-10 motors, and I'm trying to find a kit / model that these will pair nicely with. any ideas?

(Yeah, I know.. min dia 3FNC made from helium!)

Most any min diameter kit. LOC Aura comes to mind. Not familiar withe the fiberglass kits out there. Look at AMW and Wildman to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Hi all, I have a few G80-10 motors, and I'm trying to find a kit / model that these will pair nicely with. any ideas?

(Yeah, I know.. min dia 3FNC made from helium!)

They probably are too moistured up by now to be of any use... Better give them to me. :wink:

You don't even need a MD- my Vesta (which will be at the next CRMRC launch) takes full length delays on most motors, and it's 38mm OD. It'll use the full 13 seconds on a CTI 2-grain G68 (I think, I don't have OR up at the moment.) Since it's a CTI motor, I just stick it in the case and I'm ready to launch...

In terms of kits, the Vesta is similar to a beefed-up Star Orbiter. A G80 sounds like a great way to shred a stock one...

I use to fly the Aerotech Arreaux on the 29 mm single use AT G80-10. If flew great, but the model was hard to see over 2000 feet up. Delay time was just right. Apogee has the Arreaux for about $80. You might be able to find it elsewhere at lower price.

I’m building (or about to) an apogee aspire to fly on an ATG80-NBT13 DMS...

Taking a 1/4 off the kit airframe length sims at ~1400m and Mach 1.25 (all while carrying an eggfinder mini and a JLA3).

If I add more nose weight I can keep it subsonic and take it past my club’s 5000’ ceiling to 1600m...

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back