Finished Snarky 2.2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
20171017_125001.jpg20171017_125036.jpg20171017_124951.jpg20171017_124937.jpg20171017_125012.jpg20171017_124908.jpg20171017_125025.jpg20171017_124919.jpg

Got decals on the Snarky and shot a few coats of clear over it. It turned out pretty good. It was mostly a standard to the instructions build. I upgraded to a better motor mount tube from LOC and also used the brown glassine body tube. I'm also going to go with a 24" chute that I bought from Apogee not long ago. I'll still keep the 32" plastic chute. I might have a use for it later?

If I was to build this kit again I would use 1/8" lite ply or basswood to cut down on the build and finishing time. I would also go with my previous upgrades to the motor tube and body tubes along with lite ply rings. I would even consider using epoxy for the fillets and maybe even consider a cluster of (2) 24mms.

Also when building the main wings you have to be careful when gluing the 3 pieces together. If you sand too much to square them you will definitely have to trim the decals to get them to fit. Balsa is easy to sand, but if not careful easy to screw up the mating surfaces.

Anyway hope you enjoy the pictures

I open photos in Windows Photo Viewer to make sure they're the correct orientation before I upload them. You can rotate them there if need be. Beautiful Snarky, by the way.

Nice work on the details. Love mine. If you have never flown a Snarky two words of wisdom. It will actually fly like a plane, it will arc to try to fly vertical. At least mine does, kind of cool but make sure you have room if it does. Also, you might want to consider adding a longer cord or just adding to it. If it goes vertical at ejection they are prone to zipper. Just a heads up. Enjoy.

Cobra, do you mean 'horizontal'?

Love the Snarky, gotta get me one one day!! And yous, Afterburner, came out really sweet!! Nice job!

I open photos in Windows Photo Viewer to make sure they're the correct orientation before I upload them. You can rotate them there if need be. Beautiful Snarky, by the way.

I do rotate them on my desktop in a folder and ever single time them upload sideways, whether its from my phone or computer.

Thanks BTW on the compliment

Nice work on the details. Love mine. If you have never flown a Snarky two words of wisdom. It will actually fly like a plane, it will arc to try to fly vertical. At least mine does, kind of cool but make sure you have room if it does. Also, you might want to consider adding a longer cord or just adding to it. If it goes vertical at ejection they are prone to zipper. Just a heads up. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up I think the shock cord is around 10-12 feet? I would have to double check it

Back