mosquito4?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
from what I've seen of rocket flyers...this might be a silly question but, has anyone built a 4" diameter mosquito and flown it on an L1500? my q & d simulation has it going 11k at nearly Mach 2!
Rex

There's some bigger ones at Performance hobbies. However, I think fin flutter would destroy the rocket long before it hit Mach 2.

What was the Pole Cat kit? 5.5" Skeeter. Tim Dixon flew one at MWP last year and shredded the fins on a 54mm K540M. And that wasn't exactly a super high thrust motor. But those fins came off spectacularly. I have the fincan in my garage, waiting for inspiration on how to re fin it...

Jim Cornwell built a 7.5" Mosquito with a 6" motor mount. I made the motor about an N1100 with a 14 second burn.
It went really high and was recovered.

What was the Pole Cat kit? 5.5" Skeeter. Tim Dixon flew one at MWP last year and shredded the fins on a 54mm K540M. And that wasn't exactly a super high thrust motor. But those fins came off spectacularly. I have the fincan in my garage, waiting for inspiration on how to re fin it...

Yep, +1 and IIRC those fins had a layer of 6oz glass.

Back