E16-8....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was at Hobby Lobby today and they had a pack of 2 E16-8 clearance priced at $8.99. Date code A-07-28-13. Haven't looked yet to see if these are know for quick disassembly. A quick run in OR shows the Estes Viking upscaled to BT60 would eject about a second late. Ought to be inexpensive to build, so if she blows it is no big loss. Down side is it goes to 1500ft. Too heavy for a streamer, and I have no intention of loading my JLCR in it. (unless I can verify that these are not on the BOOM list..)

Was at Hobby Lobby today and they had a pack of 2 E16-8 clearance priced at $8.99. Date code A-07-28-13. Haven't looked yet to see if these are know for quick disassembly. A quick run in OR shows the Estes Viking upscaled to BT60 would eject about a second late. Ought to be inexpensive to build, so if she blows it is no big loss. Down side is it goes to 1500ft. Too heavy for a streamer, and I have no intention of loading my JLCR in it. (unless I can verify that these are not on the BOOM list..)

AFAIK, the 29mm E's and F's aren't a problem. I've flown a lot haven't had any issues.

AFAIK, the 29mm E's and F's aren't a problem. I've flown a lot haven't had any issues.

Coolness!! Ran through a couple of my mid power models and only have one that it will work with, a scratch BT70 Goblin that hasn't flown. Hobby Lobby has a Nike Smoke on clearance as well, maybe I'll grab it and build it with a 29mm hole. Cheaper than buying parts and building something else, and looks to be compatible with the E16

Back