Very cool cover photo on Sept/Oct 2017 Sport Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackleaf99

You can choose your behavior, not your emotions.
Reaction score
The Lincoln High School TARC team took a very fine photo which was published on the cover of this month's SR magazine. The ladies posed in a 'Rosie the Riveter' moment with their TARC entry on the pad. (Photo by Glenn Feveryear.)

For those who are not aware, Rosie the Riveter was the iconic female production representation of all the women working in the military/industrial complex in World War II. And while the moniker Rosie the Riveter started in the US, there were also similar iconic images of women in the wartime production roles in Canada, Britain and Australia. There are many classic posters from WWII showing 'Rosie' working in the production facilities cranking out the Allies war winning products.

And so, to the ladies from Lincoln, Alabama a big thank you for the trip down memory lane. And thanks to Sport Rocketry mag for putting it onto the cover.

Rosie the Riveter jpg.jpg

Rosie isn't forgotten! Here's an updated version. (Coincidentally, this is a photo of Christina Aguilera, who used to go to North Allegheny Intermediate School, which is where I fly LPR stuff now.)

Christina-Aguilera-Rosie-the-Riveter-636x472.jpg

Thank you. Great pic
Yes the cover was what I was looking for, I did a Google search for it but didn't find anything.

M

I had not noticed this thread until this moment. Our NAR section will be staffing a booth at a large Girl Scout STEM event on Sunday. I looked arouns at home and I have many color prints (11 x 17) from previous TARC articles that feature all girl teams. I also have a few hundred of the tri-fold TARC brochures with one of our local Girl Scout teams on the back cover (wearing pink). Then I saw the cover of SR, so I sent an e-mail to ask for a PDF i could print for this event. I got it very fast and I printed a couple of 11 x 17 color prints.

We will display different Model Rockets from beginner to TARC. it should be an excellent event.

My Grandmother is a Rosie the Riveter. General Dynamics head machinist, designed developed phalanx, sm1 2 3. In the newspapers in CA as the Rosie Riveter of CA and GD.

I'll probably be bucking some rivets on a B-17 this Thursday. I'll do some in her name.

My wife's grandmother was one too - she helped build Liberty ships. Originally from Mount Vernon, OH.

My Dad sailed on one of those Victory ships. It brought him home safe so he could be my Dad. My thanks to your wife's grandmother and all those Rosies out there.

Back