The Digger is hurting and scared

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
Most of you have seen the pics of Digger my Lab. Yesterday I left for work and she was fine as well as when I got home. We did our usual afternoon nap and when we got up she had lost some of the motor control in her rear legs. There was no sign of difficulties prior to this in fact we romped around as usual the day before. Took her to the vet and then to get a ct scan. No news yet but it appears there is a problem with her L3-L4 vertebrae. Xrays were not clear so that's the reason for the ct. Waiting to hear back from the vet. She has no mobility in the rear now but that may be a result of travel/jostling/anesthesia. She is home now sleeping and snoring on the couch. We could use a little prayer right about now. ---20170725_165441.jpg don't know why that's sidways--hmmm well you get the picture-----H

My prayers for you and your's..
My prayers for Digger and his,, lol..
All will be well..

Teddy

Well here is what we know. There is some bone deterioration in her spine. it looks like she had some kind of previous trauma. The spinal cord is shifted a bit to one side and flattened a bit as well as having a disc that looks damaged. Deb thought the other night she heard her hit the coffee table while getting on the couch so that may have aggravated an already existing condition. Her blood work was perfect. The doc is not too concerned about cancer at this time. There is a small mass on her liver but he is not concerned about that--probably just a benign cyst --Just got back from the vet with a battery of drugs and a shot for her. We'll see where it goes from here! Thanks for the prayers and love----H

Xena says she is thinking about Digger and hope she improves soon.
IMG_1775.jpg

Back