Utah family leaves child in corn maze, doesn't realize it until next day.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
News story: family in Utah goes to a commercial farm, drives home, not realizing their 3-yr-old has been left behind in the corn maze. Found by workers at the farm.

Okay, since it's Utah they are probably Mormons, which can mean lots of kids. I can see, if you have eight to ten kids, driving away and not realizing you left one. But at bed time, when you are tucking everyone in, you don't realize that your 3-yr-old is not there? Who is in his bed? How is this possible?

News story: family in Utah goes to a commercial farm, drives home, not realizing their 3-yr-old has been left behind in the corn maze. Found by workers at the farm.

Okay, since it's Utah they are probably Mormons, which can mean lots of kids. I can see, if you have eight to ten kids, driving away and not realizing you left one. But at bed time, when you are tucking everyone in, you don't realize that your 3-yr-old is not there? Who is in his bed? How is this possible?

Or homeschoolers (Past-self raises hand). Only 4 kids in our family, but some clans can get pretty big!

Just watch Home Alone lol

You're right, only in Utah:

"West Jordan Police Sgt. Joe Monson said authorities received a call from the mother about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, worried she had left her son in the maze overnight. Monson said he did not know much about the boy’s family or how they were able to forget about him but he added that they live in a home with multiple families and a group of them had gone to the maze together Monday night."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-next-day-police-say/?utm_term=.ee4e191c069a

..........Or how can you forget about leaving a child in a hot car to die?? I sure don't understand it.

My parents had to deal with 14 kids and I don't think anyone was ever left behind from anything.

Best -- Terry

They just didn't want to leave you behind, for fear that you would build a rocket motor out of a garbage can or something.

Back