Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

What's your wish for Estes/Centuri Reissues?

I'm curious to see what designs people are interested in seeing reissued, upscaled, or downscaled. Who knows, between eRockets, and Estes, we just might get what we want.

Thanks!
    Jim

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

NAR L1 Cert flight: Sheridan, Oregon, USA. Sept. 19, 2015. Flew Deep Space OFFl on an I357T-14A Blue Thunder

It seems kind of crazy to me that no Interceptor is available right now.

Also, I've always been a fan of the Deep Space Transport, good way to use up excess HoJo nose cones.

Recently completed: APRO Lander II and Starship Avalon; next up: Accur8-skinned Trajector and Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor
    My photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models

Pretty much anything (and everything) that used the PNC-50SP cone: Argosy, Falcon Commander, Skytracer, USSF Fireflash, USS Pleiades, Starhawk, X-16, World Federation Star Probe. If John could even see his way to make one of them, we can clone the rest easier...

Also, NASA Pegasus, Attack Craft Orion, Manta Bomber, Scorpius. Maybe too: Mini Bomarc, Teros, Solar Sailor, Super Vega...
    Rick
    URRG, MARS
    Tripoli #15706
    http://www.rocketreviews.com/rick-barness-page.html

There is a theory that states that if anyone figures out why the universe is for or why it is here, it will suddenly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.
    There is another theory that says this may have already happened...

Complex designs that aren't just a NC, 3 or 4 fins, and a BT.. Spacey / Sci-fi designs.. Kits with them funky NCs they had a few times..
    Really, any kit that requires patients & time to build.. Skill level 4 or 5..

Too many to name ..
    -paul

NAR# 101258 - L1
    www.CRMRC.org
    I don't know the same things you don't know..

Some years ago my son and I adapted an Estes EPM 010 to MD by adding nose weight and broadening the fins, and flew it on our first D12-7. We were astounded at the sheer noise and raw power, so an upscale version would be nice to see, potential problems with those forward swept fins and wing pods notwithstanding.. but I really think what the world needs right now is an upscale Estes Asteroid Hunter, constructed around 5.5" or 7.67" airframe.
    UKRA #1895
    EARS #1329
    L1 6/9/15 Custom built LOC Fantom 438 CTI H125
    L2 3/4/16 Same custom built LOC Fantom w/ DD EXL configuration CTI J410

Quote Originally Posted by Tim51 View Post
    Some years ago my son and I adapted an Estes EPM 010 to MD by adding nose weight and broadening the fins, and flew it on our first D12-7. We were astounded at the sheer noise and raw power, so an upscale version would be nice to see, potential problems with those forward swept fins and wing pods notwithstanding.. but I really think what the world needs right now is an upscale Estes Asteroid Hunter, constructed around 5.5" or 7.67" airframe.
    One of our local fliers built one, though I'm not sure if I have any photos. As far as I know, it hasn't flown yet. I want to say he went up to 3" tubing maybe, and made the nose cone himself out of sheet pieces around a fiberglass base cone.

Incidentally, I upscaled the EPM 010 to BT60 tubing (I call it EPM 016). It flies nice on E20 motors, though it has suffered typical long/thin rocket syndrome. I have to repair a slight buckle above the motor mount. It would be a nice one to do with a heavier wall tube.
    Rick
    URRG, MARS
    Tripoli #15706

There is a theory that states that if anyone figures out why the universe is for or why it is here, it will suddenly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

1. KC-1 Citation Quasar
    2. KC-3 Citation Patriot
    3. 1110 Marauder (with real decals)
    4. K-54 Saros

Yes, I realize some of these can be reproduced third party but it would be a lot easier and cheaper if Estes did it.
    Living life on the edge...launching C's on a B field

Two of my favorite rockets from my '80s years were the Soaring Eagle and the Phoenix. For those who weren't around, the SA was a boost glider that had folding wing spars and an ejecting motor pod that held the wing spars back during boost and coast phases. About 22" in length and span if memory serves, and it flew on B/C motors. The Phoenix was very similar to the recently discontinued Launch Pad kit: BT-80 tubing, a 24mm motor mount, and identical in size apart from the nose cone.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPjawa View Post
    Pretty much anything (and everything) that used the PNC-50SP cone: Argosy, Falcon Commander, Skytracer, USSF Fireflash, USS Pleiades, Starhawk, X-16, World Federation Star Probe.
    That's a good collection.

I have to say, over its many decades Estes has produced an awful lot of really nice scifi kits.
    Recently completed: APRO Lander II and Starship Avalon; next up: Accur8-skinned Trajector and Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor
    My photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models

One of our local fliers built one, though I'm not sure if I have any photos. As far as I know, it hasn't flown yet. I want to say he went up to 3" tubing maybe, and made the nose cone himself out of sheet pieces around a fiberglass base cone.

Incidentally, I upscaled the EPM 010 to BT60 tubing (I call it EPM 016). It flies nice on E20 motors, though it has suffered typical long/thin rocket syndrome. I have to repair a slight buckle above the motor mount. It would be a nice one to do with a heavier wall tube.
    Thanks - if pictures do show up do please post them. Good to know someone has built an upscale Asteroid Hunter.
    I suppose any bigger upscale EPM 010 than the one you've built would require either phenolic or an FG or CF wrap
    UKRA #1895
    EARS #1329

Quote Originally Posted by Tim51 View Post
    Thanks - if pictures do show up do please post them. Good to know someone has built an upscale Asteroid Hunter.
    I suppose any bigger upscale EPM 010 than the one you've built would require either phenolic or an FG or CF wrap
    Or maybe with a foam fill to stiffen it. Might be a good use of thin wall fiberglass too. Here's my upscale EPM:

I don't have any photos of the Asteroid Hunter. The same individual also built this large Strike Fighter (another that ought to be re-popped):

Rick
    URRG, MARS
    Tripoli #15706

Or maybe with a foam fill to stiffen it. Might be a good use of thin wall fiberglass too. Here's my upscale EPM:

I don't have any photos of the Asteroid Hunter. The same individual also built this large Strike Fighter (another that ought to be re-popped):

Thanks for posting those - lovely shot of your EPM 016 in flight there!
    UKRA #1895
    EARS #1329

The NAR Facebook page features video/picture of two upcoming Semroc releases.

A 13mm motor powered Estes Gyroc (Downscale?) and a Centuri Hummingbird B/G.
    Bob

1- scissor wing
    L2

2018 Plan on burning lvl 3 NS :)

Quote Originally Posted by neil_w View Post
    It seems kind of crazy to me that no Interceptor is available right now.

Also, I've always been a fan of the Deep Space Transport, good way to use up excess HoJo nose cones.
    X2. I'd be one of the first in line for an Interceptor kit (or two). Seems remarkable to me also that no one is producing an Interceptor kit or repro anymore, where it appears there's quite a few of us out here interested.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Tony

The Strike Force missile series and the Fighter Fleet jet plane series from the Centuri 1980s era catalog.

How about new scale subjects of SLS, Dragon, New Glenn/Shepard modern era rockets?