Who's your hero????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why do you insist on throwing your religious beliefs all over a Rocketry forum all the time? You think anyone here cares two whits about your beliefs? Do you think you're evangelizing the masses or something? Do you think that anyone else is "interested in learning" that Jesus is your hero? Seriously?
Asking for a friend...

Attention maybe?

For clarity's sake, the references to Master Po and Grasshopper refer to a 1970s TV show called "Kung Fu." It was about a Buddhist monk from China wandering the western USA in the late nineteenth century, looking for his American father. In each week's episode, he would get caught up in some situation that would require him to use his mastery of kung fu to save the day. His back story is told in flashbacks to when he was a young boy being trained by the Shao Lin monks in a Buddhist monastery. One of his teachers, Master Po, was blind, and always refereed to the boy as "Grasshopper."

okay that connects the dots.

JR Bob Dobbs is my hero. He offers eternal salvation for only $99.95. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
3724399648_7131da1c85_b.jpg

I need more slack in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I hereby reinstate your title as pope of the Church of the Subgenius. We've got several of them! Welcome back to the fold, dear brother in slack. I look forward to doing nothing with you.

Wouldn't that be Prefect of the Church of the Subgenius?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

[video=youtube;cJOmUW5QyqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOmUW5QyqQ[/video] Hail Ming along with his band of gun running, flying chickens.

Yeah, figured that when Andrew Lathrop's anonymous troll account posted this thread, it was just another way for him to go about breaking the forum rules again.

Last edited:
Yeah, figured that when Andrew Lathrop's anonymous troll account posted this thread, it was just another way for him to go about breaking the forum rules again.

Stop picking on him George. Andrew is MY hero!

ssixsixsix

Then why do you insist on throwing your religious beliefs all over a Rocketry forum all the time? You think anyone here cares two whits about your beliefs? Do you think you're evangelizing the masses or something? Do you think that anyone else is "interested in learning" that Jesus is your hero? Seriously?
Asking for a friend...

This. Whenever someone goes to great lengths to insert "Jesus!" into anything I instinctively roll my eyes.

Now do you have a moment to hear about our Lord and Savior Loppycage?

b18dc8d07373e7cfa0c5c789cca696e3.jpg

So be vigilant and destroy the opposing force with even more inane acts of blatant silliness.

Some might call Betty Bowers their hero. Especially the ones who've never seen her videos.

[video=youtube;D1pYoZh5P4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pYoZh5P4w[/video]

You can't un-see things, and for that I hate you.

Deep down inside, you're saying to yourself "This! This is the piece I've been looking for for my mantel! It's glorious!" while you look for a printer that can make you a 4'x8' version of it.

Deep down inside, you're saying to yourself "This! This is the piece I've been looking for for my mantel! It's glorious!" while you look for a printer that can make you a 4'x8' version of it.

...but I just put my eclipse photo up there last week.

I'm not replacing that for anything short of a wall sized Flying Spaghetti Monster fresco.

Taking the subject seriously...
My hero is Hugh Thompson.
This guy demonstrated what a moral compass is about: It's an internal reference, which may be at variance with everything you see about you. It's the essence of character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.

+1. He also was a great example of courage. Knowing what was wrong AND standing up to stop it.

:clap:

What is the thing with Nicholas Cage? Am I missing something? Hasn't he filed bankruptcy and lost tons of money along with alot of box office flops! To me thats no hero along with the rest of Hollywood.

What is the thing with Nicholas Cage? Am I missing something?

I dunno- but there's all sorts of strange pictures of him on the internet for whatever reason. Most of them probably come from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/onetruegod/

As far as heroes, Hugh Thompson is a good choice, although I'd like to point out that we're looking back on him 40 years later. Most people at the time probably disagreed with what he did.

For everyone- who are you vilifying today that you'll regret not supporting 40 years from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back