Back after a few years,,,

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyviper73

Reaction score
I haven't been around TRF or even flying my rockets for a few years because "life" got in the way. Oh well, I'm very glad to be back and to kick things off I dug through the garage and found a rocket I built but never flew and decided that this past weekend was as good as any to get back into the rocket thing.

I flew my Performance Rocketry G3 on a K270. Barely enough to get flying speed off the rail, but once it got going it was stable and good to go. I got 8771' out of it and a good long 2 1/2 mile walk to recover it. My dog collar GPS smashed itself during the apogee to main tumble so it was useless. The switch was completely smashed as if hit by a hammer. Maybe I'll try attaching it to the main, instead of the drogue next flight. My mistake. Fly and learn. The collar transmitter is only about $60, so no big loss.

I do have my NEW L3 project ready to build. Extreme Wildman. I learned the hard way about proper carbon fiber application on my last L3 project. That's the beauty of this hobby. Always learning.

Anyway, here is a video of the Sunday launch. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;t8_PQxptIPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_PQxptIPQ[/video]

Thanks friend! Once rocketry is in the blood, it never really leaves, no matter what life throws at us.:)

Back