looking for an epoxy kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tater1337

Reaction score
system three used to (i think) have a 12oz epoxy kit for experimentation. IIRC there was 8 oz resin and 4 oz hardener, and misc bits along with the epoxy book

looking on their site show no such thing(anymore). does anyone know of an alternative? looking for a clear epoxy type also, as I remember they used to have the kit with an amberish tinge to it, college daughters art project

I highly recommend US composites 635 3:1 medium. You can get a half gallon kit for about $40, and it works amazing. Also pick up some aerosil cabosil (quart container for $5 will last forever).

Looks like System 3 only has the quart resin/pint hardener kits available in the general epoxy kits. I used their Silvertip line for laying up my square rocket last year, and it was really nice stuff. It is clear. I haven't used their T-88 structural adhesive myself, but I've heard good things about it. It comes a small as 1/2 pint for each of the resin and hardener. It's more amber, if that matters.

Looks like System 3 only has the quart resin/pint hardener kits available in the general epoxy kits. I used their Silvertip line for laying up my square rocket last year, and it was really nice stuff. It is clear. I haven't used their T-88 structural adhesive myself, but I've heard good things about it. It comes a small as 1/2 pint for each of the resin and hardener. It's more amber, if that matters.
I have used the T-88 and it works pretty well, its a 1:1 mix iirc.

What does the ether do?
Transitions my thoughts to pixels on the screen... regardless of where I am on this globe.

But more importantly, removes the free advertising schtick in the canned mobile app.

From the Ether...

system three used to (i think) have a 12oz epoxy kit for experimentation. IIRC there was 8 oz resin and 4 oz hardener, and misc bits along with the epoxy book

looking on their site show no such thing(anymore). does anyone know of an alternative? looking for a clear epoxy type also, as I remember they used to have the kit with an amberish tinge to it, college daughters art project

I purchased a 1.5 gallon kit of Clearcast 7050 on eBay for about $80 a year ago. The epoxy is very thick (corn syrup thickness) but the curative is quite thin so the mixture ends up being workable (not recommended for laminating, though, takes a long time to wet FG). And it does cure perfectly colorless. It also works well as a general epoxy adhesive though a little thickening might be in order. There's a 24 oz kit on eBay right now for 21.88.

Best -- Terry

Aeropoxy Pr2032 with medium hardener for lamination or injectable fillets.

Aeropoxy 6279 Epoxy paste for structural things.

Occasionally JB Weld for smaller things.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Latest posts

Back