***POSTPONED***October Skies Launch - RIMRA, CATO and CMASS 14 October 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The launch has been postponed due to access issues with the farm. Any rescheduling information will be posted when available.

The Second Annual October Skies Joint Launch will take place this year on 14 October at the RIMRA Field in West Kingston, Rhode Island.

As I get confirmation, I'll post on-field vendor information.

We'll be using the CMASS circle of 11 low- and mid-power pads along with the RIMRA wireless high-power set up with multiple pads. Any help we can get to set up and breakdown will give us more time to fly.

Food will be available for lunch. If you've not been to this field before, please take a look at the RIMRA Launch Protocol page to familiarize yourself with the capabilities and restrictions. Location and direction information is available under this tab on the website, too.

Let us know what you'll be flying.

Last edited:
Jason will be covering all of your AMWProX needs so get a hold of him for anything specific you might need.

While you're thinking about CTI products, remember the NAR statement about VMax motors requiring electronic deployment on rockets with active recovery systems; you can fly all the VMax saucers you'd like without any worries. All of the clubs involved at this launch support this statement.

Also, if you haven't had your CTI 38mm reloads checked for a problem with the delay grain, check with Jason. A batch of the delay grains were made with a plastic that didn't adhere well with the delay element. There were enough cases of failure to prompt CTI to offer a free exchange of the bad delays for good ones. Jason can do a visual inspection to let you know if your reload is okay and swap a good part for the bad if needed.

see below.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the relationship between RIMRA and the renter at Peckham Farm has reached an impasse. We are postponing the October Skies launch until we can solve the issues with our field.

Sorry.

Back