Ugh, I accidentally made an Iron Man rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
So, let me get this out first- I have never been into super hero stuff...all the Hollywood remakes just bore me to tears with the idea of some person being a super hero. I don't mind that other people like them, they just hold no appeal at all to me.
So, that soul baring is out of the way and I'll take my lashes for being "weird", but I'm seriously bummed. I finally got my Stovi to the paint stage, and just unmasked, and it's freaking Iron man. I didn't see it on the face card from LOC because their decals and that color choice of red and gold just looked SOOO USSR/Cccp.
I know I'm going to carry it to the flight line and at least someone is going to shout something, and I'm just going to have to smile and nod and act like it's a tribute. IMG_3050.jpg

Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You need to get some large Cyrillic decals for it... that should make it better!

Maybe say "This is not Iron Man" in Cyrillic? Это не Железный Человек

You need to get some large Cyrillic decals for it... that should make it better!

Is that a real translation? That's awesome!
I have decal paper and was playing with some ideas, but I'm not sure black is going to show so well on the deep red...worth a shot tho!

I was thinking something similar and I love the idea. Even a simple "CCCP" in big letters down the side might dissuade anyone from asking if it's an Iron Man rocket.

As a lifelong Marvel nerd, however, I would be thrilled to accidentally make an Iron Man rocket.

Is that a real translation? That's awesome!
I have decal paper and was playing with some ideas, but I'm not sure black is going to show so well on the deep red...worth a shot tho!
/QUOTE]

It's pretty close to accurate. It technically reads "I am not an Iron Man", but close enough!

Embrace it, and name it Stark 1

Embrace it, and name it Stark 1

Sure thing. I don't understand worrying about the rocket looking like a theme you don't care about. You either like the color combo or not. If you really hate it, that can be fixed.

Sure thing. I don't understand worrying about the rocket looking like a theme you don't care about. You either like the color combo or not. If you really hate it, that can be fixed.

Yeah, I know, total non-problem, it just bummed me out because I had higher hopes with the scheme. I'll decal it up and move on!

HOLY CRAP! YOU'VE GIVEN ME AN IDEA!!! {Really.}

An Estes {clone-ish?} ASTRON SPACEMAN, painted like IRON MAN from the Robert Downey, Jr. movies.

{ALSO Really.}

Thank 'ya kindly!!!

I may not be a fan of his, but I'd still like to see it!

Yeah, I know, total non-problem, it just bummed me out because I had higher hopes with the scheme. I'll decal it up and move on!

I really do not worry about paint. All it needs to do is look ok on the pad, and really help me spot it during recovery.

I have not put a decal on a rocket since I was about 10.

Back