Nike Nike Smoke???????????????????????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Main diameter of the m5e1 motors was 16.5" iirc, from that info just about any scale drawing can be scaled up if needed. I will dig around and see if I can find the M5 motor drawing I have thats dimensioned. One thing that works for sport scale stuff is to use a pdf of one of Peter Always drawings and then blow that up to the actual airframe size you want to use. Its easy to do and many office copy shops wont charge too much for doing it. My last black and white drawing ( nike hercules) i had done that way cost me like $5 US.

The fins have fairly well known dimension and there is even a document on Nike sounding rocket fins.

Currently waiting on my wife to get out of surgery recovery so it may take a day or so to get the information.

I dont know of any high detail Nike Nike Smoke drawings, Peters version is the only one I know of.

Last edited:
And the Nike Fins PDF.

View attachment 329574

The fin called out in Peters drawing is the 4.8 sq.ft. which is not in the Nike Fins PDF, sorry about that. If anyone has the dimensions for that fin please post them (if they are more detailed than Peters drawing).

Last edited:
As seen at Balls this year...

Nike_nike.jpg

I believe it was Tripoli Central California. I have pics somewhere on my computer including flight. Flight didn't end up working correctly, I believe the interstage collapsed a couple of seconds into flight.

Back