• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

48" LOC 7.51" body tube, Eggfinder TX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Hello all,

As it says in title. I'd prefer to do local on the body tube, so pickup either in central NC or Huntsville AL. My vendor only has 30" body tubes.

I'd prefer the EF to have the RP-SMA connector, but I'm flexible. All I need is the Tx.

I can do Paypal, cash, or ETH.

Thanks!

Hi Matt. I'm pretty sure LOC only makes the 7.67 tubes 30" long.

Really? Funny, considering when I built the rocket the first time I had a choice between a 60" section and a 48" section. :)

Really? Funny, considering when I built the rocket the first time I had a choice between a 60" section and a 48" section. :)

Are you sure those were continuous? Because the 60" section as sold by LOC is probably two 30" tubes with a coupler supplied. Never heard of 48" sections being available.

-Mike

I'm looking at the tube right now. There's no coupler in there. Trust me.

Pics :)

Also, if you really do have a continuous piece of 48" tubing, where did you get it? Direct from LOC or from a vendor?

Last edited:
Pics :)

Also, if you really do have a continuous piece of 48" tubing, where did you get it? Direct from LOC or from a vendor?

I'd hedge a bet it was from Performance Hobbies. Can't remember Loc ever stocking 48", just 60", then two 30" supplied with coupler more recently. Cluster R had 60" lengths back in the day. Ken Allen tends to come across, and sell some obscure items that you A) never knew existed and/or B) had no clue were available anymore.:)

Matt, I think you'll be good with two 30"-ers trimmed to your desired length.

I'd hedge a bet it was from Performance Hobbies. Can't remember Loc ever stocking 48", just 60", then two 30" supplied with coupler more recently. Cluster R had 60" lengths back in the day. Ken Allen tends to come across, and sell some obscure items that you A) never knew existed and/or B) had no clue were available anymore.:)

Ding ding ding. Got it from Kenny. Oh well, 'twas worth a shot.

I think there is blue tube in the same dimensions that is sold in 48" or 72" lengths. Not sure if it would match up perfectly with LOC

Back