Some neighbors say, "No Tanks!"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't chickens have an airforce, rather than tanks?

Against HOA rules- no chicken airforce. The chickens are protesting this, because they've constructed a chicken navy, and their chicken aircraft carriers are currently sitting idle.

I guess I should leave this here...

[video=youtube;FQMbXvn2RNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI[/video]

[video=youtube;SBe1hwg7V-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBe1hwg7V-M[/video] Space chickens with guns who can also spell.

The Saga of the Suburban Sherman continues!

Just so happens I've got a college acquaintance in Houston that walks his dog in the same area! Posted this photo on facebook and it caught my eye. After all, how many tanks on the curb could there be?
15080293006761960069919.jpg

I asked and he confirmed it was the same one. Plus he gave me this gem that the tank owner put up after getting repeatedly ticketed for invalid offenses lol:
1508029646776125947515.png

I can only imagine that there's some HOA board member lady that's turning livid over the whole thing and has discovered that they're utterly powerless to do anything about it!

Not a concern of mine one way or another. It ain't my neighborhood.

So the interesting question to me is would your HOA have been able to do anything with respect to this? It seems that this guy skirted all of the potentially relevant parts of his compact along with the municipal rules.

Let me put it to you this way, there are approximately 63 million people living with an HOA in the US. We have ONE instance with a tank. Living where I live reduces the chances even further. I've been given no need to worry. I'm not wringing my wrists over something that hasn't happened. I might as well worry about whether my car will start every morning while I'm at it or whether I'll get into an accident every time I drive on the streets till I cripple myself into paralysis.

Depends on whether it's pointed up the owner's @ss or not. The problem could potentially take care of itself.

I wonder if an on-street parked tank would qualify as a Type 4 magazine?
Or would you still need to line it with plywood and add two locks to make ATF happy?
:wink:

a

For those of you who want the real HOA experience, consider the Greek island of Mykonos. By law, you can paint your house any color you like. You just have to be very fond of white.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

What about tanks? Do they have to be painted white?

Not if they are used for motor storage, then they have to be red with at least 3" white letters spelling "“EXPLOSIVES KEEP FIRE AWAY“.
Unless, that is, you've burned up the last motor, in which case you can go back to white.

... or paint two color schemes on two sides of the tank, and rotate it with the appropriate colors side facing outwards depending on the storage level?

Not if they are used for motor storage, then they have to be red with at least 3" white letters spelling "“EXPLOSIVES KEEP FIRE AWAY“.
Unless, that is, you've burned up the last motor, in which case you can go back to white.

... or paint two color schemes on two sides of the tank, and rotate it with the appropriate colors side facing outwards depending on the storage level?

Now you're just being absurd......the ATF doesn't have jurisdiction in Mykonos

Yeah, but what if I want to commute to Mykonos with my tank after the hunting season is over?

As long as you leave at least one tank back home. HOA rules state that a house must have a minimum of one tank per house. They are still debating how many tanks per condo complex.

Of course it really all depends on whether the individual actually has $600,000 to 'throw' into a tank. You can always expect the government to hand them out to you. Back to reality.

You can always expect the government to hand them out to you.

USPS says I have a package coming in a few days... do you think this is my tank? Is this the new "social security" they're talking about? They're sending it priority instead of ground- does that mean the tank will be airdropped? If so, can I keep the parachute?

"Make America Tank Again"? :)

The Saga of the Suburban Sherman continues!

Just so happens I've got a college acquaintance in Houston that walks his dog in the same area! Posted this photo on facebook and it caught my eye. After all, how many tanks on the curb could there be?
View attachment 330039

I asked and he confirmed it was the same one. Plus he gave me this gem that the tank owner put up after getting repeatedly ticketed for invalid offenses lol:
View attachment 330040

I can only imagine that there's some HOA board member lady that's turning livid over the whole thing and has discovered that they're utterly powerless to do anything about it!

I find the phrase "I want it at my ranch for hunting season" to be simultaneously fascinating and terrifying.

I find the phrase "I want it at my ranch for hunting season" to be simultaneously fascinating and terrifying.

He needs to hook up large speakers to it to play "Ride of the Valkyries" while driving through the forest. It's the mating call for tanks, and he's actually just hunting for more tanks to add to his collection. Or maybe he's a "catch and release" kind of guy?

He needs to hook up large speakers to it to play "Ride of the Valkyries" while driving through the forest. It's the mating call for tanks, and he's actually just hunting for more tanks to add to his collection. Or maybe he's a "catch and release" kind of guy?

You're in the wrong line. You need to write books such as Green Tanks and Ham.

You're in the wrong line. You need to write books such as Green Tanks and Ham.

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of
-
A tank taking out the moon
And there were three little bears blown off their chairs
And two little howitzers
And a pair of flak guns
And a
little HOA