"Cooler Spool" Level One Success - Reverse Build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapDaddy

Reaction score
I got my level one a few weekends ago, and realized that I never did a proper build thread. I might do a reverse build thread here later, but this was the end result:

[YOUTUBE]2qX6WXzwq0Y[/YOUTUBE]

Photo Oct 02, 3 18 46 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 02, 3 18 36 PM.jpg

Congrats!

I wish I could have been there... I still think the Umbrella would've been a cool cert rocket. (I'm the kid with the Saturn 1B by the way. Next launch I'll be flying a 38mm OD rocket too... significantly higher... on an E15W. Ahh, the fun of oddrocs.)

What motor? An I200W again? (Is that even the motor I'm thinking of?)

Congrats!

I wish I could have been there... I still think the Umbrella would've been a cool cert rocket. (I'm the kid with the Saturn 1B by the way. Next launch I'll be flying a 38mm OD rocket too... significantly higher... on an E15W. Ahh, the fun of oddrocs.)

What motor? An I200W again? (Is that even the motor I'm thinking of?)

I wanted to cert on the umbrella, but the very nature of being a LPR oddroc upscaled into a HPR without some modifications just made it tricky. Namely the lack of TTW really hurt during the landing and so did the individual panels vs a single hexagonal sheet. I promise I will do a proper 38mm upscale of it at some point.

The motor was an I200W. It came down to me having the 6 grain case and feeling lukewarm about the H268R (I've been pretty lukewarm about redline in general, but I do understand larger redlines look stupidly cool and pics don't do it justice).

Also I do launches at the college every now and then(I've eaten a good chunk of my G64 arsenal...). If you are ever interested in launching together you should PM me, I even can pick you up since I have a car on campus, just double check with your parents and the usual disclaimers.

Will you be at the October launch?

Back